Clear the streets – or else

geovalin

Street vendors in Phnom Penh have been warned to clean up their act or face legal action. Phnom Penh Deputy Governor Khuong Sreng said selfish vendors caused traffic congestion and disruption on roads around the capital.

He said the authorities were keen to clamp down but it was a case of “damned if you do and damned if you don’t”. “We will do what we can do improve the streets and reduce traffic congestion,” he said.

“But in the past, when we have taken action to prevent disruption some people claimed we were abusing them. When we don’t take action other people say we are turning a blind eye to it – so what are we to do? “I have told my colleagues to implement the law as countries around the world do, in the interests of the majority.”

read more http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/37942/clear-the-streets-----or-else/

khmer_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khmer Times 02/05

“I have told my colleagues to implement the law as countries around the world do, in the interests of the majority.” :laugh:

They will never understand this concept in Cambodia. The 'rule of law' doesn't exist - just arbitrary interference in people's lives if they smell there's any money to be extorted.

22 hours ago, 4737 Carlin said:

“I have told my colleagues to implement the law as countries around the world do, in the interests of the majority.” :laugh:

They will never understand this concept in Cambodia. The 'rule of law' doesn't exist - just arbitrary interference in people's lives if they smell there's any money to be extorted.

Then they can lock them all up in jail until they do understand.