TM30 Rule change again at Jomtien

14 minutes ago, steve187 said:

i think the point is, they make it up as they go along, the whole tm28/30 is a complete mess

Its not really 

you do not need to go there every-time if you are staying in the same condo or hotel in Thailand as the IMO has stated ,even if you leave for 1-4 weeks and you go back to the same living arrangements as you had before you left as they have already got you in the system where you are living .

And when you come over on vacation again there is no need for you to report there, it is just wasting your time.

• Like 1

I just returned from 2 weeks in the UK and the young lady in the Jomtien immigration said the same to me. " You don't need to report unless you have been out of the country for over 1 month. Still nervous for next time though.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lemonltr said:

I just returned from 2 weeks in the UK and the young lady in the Jomtien immigration said the same to me. " You don't need to report unless you have been out of the country for over 1 month. Still nervous for next time though.

Possibly they have realised that a lot of people are in and out of the country on a frequent basis and there workload has risen considerably because of the way they originally requested for it to be done.
That girl had a big line up of people today reporting back in and people lodging new TM30's for the first time. When the TM30 office was upstairs, it was staffed by 4 people, it now appears she is on her own. Indeed, there is only 2 small desks and only one of those has a computer terminal. Requesting you to report in only after you have been out of the country a month should alleviate the crowd.
Considering some of the people Jomtien have to deal with, they are pretty nice people working there.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Lovethailandelite said:

... When the TM30 office was upstairs, it was staffed by 4 people, it now appears she is on her own. Indeed, there is only 2 small desks and only one of those has a computer terminal. ...

I think the boss is still upstairs.  When I was doing it, someone was "dis-pleased" about being hit for 5K Baht for something they had never heard of.  They got to go upstairs and talk to the boss, come back, and pay.

13 hours ago, Lovethailandelite said:

you not come here no more unless come back after one month because you owner and not rent.

I rent - but long-term lease.  Hmmm.   We shall see.

10 hours ago, NancyL said:

It wasn't that they wanted a brand new TM30, they just want to "update" the existing TM30 with the new TM6 number.  Here in CM, we're suppose to leave the original TM30 receipt in our passport and they simply put a date stamp on that receipt when we report an "update".  

In Jomtien they used to do that, but the last time, they replaced the slip after 3 days out of the country; I was reporting back that I lived in the same place as before - and was told I did the right thing.  I suspect I will be told "no need" the next time, after I am gone for a week or so - but I will still make that visit for my own, custom/personalized instructions. 

15 hours ago, NancyL said:

Trouble is that when you go out and re-enter you get a new arrival/departure card (TM6) and that number is entered into the Immigration computer system.  The TM6 number is one of the required fields for the TM30.  Isn't this the reason they want us to "update" our TM30s when we leave and re-enter, to update the TM6 number?  That's what I was told by CM Imm.  It wasn't that they wanted a brand new TM30, they just want to "update" the existing TM30 with the new TM6 number.  Here in CM, we're suppose to leave the original TM30 receipt in our passport and they simply put a date stamp on that receipt when we report an "update".  

+1

I have today returned to the kingdom after a 7 month stint away. I will be going to re-new my permission to stay based on retirement tomorrow and file a new TM30( if they want it), obtain a new re-entry permit and just maybe have the GF file a TM30 ( if they want it). This will be at Udon Thani....I will file a report on it all after I have completed the task ..................actually I'm lucky as I just realised that friday is a public holiday here and my current permission to stay expires on Saturday and I fly back out of the kingdom on Sunday.

I actually have only returned to re-new the permission to stay and get a new re-entry permit.

2 hours ago, novo58 said:

I have today returned to the kingdom after a 7 month stint away. I will be going to re-new my permission to stay based on retirement tomorrow and file a new TM30( if they want it), obtain a new re-entry permit and just maybe have the GF file a TM30 ( if they want it). This will be at Udon Thani....I will file a report on it all after I have completed the task ..................actually I'm lucky as I just realised that friday is a public holiday here and my current permission to stay expires on Saturday and I fly back out of the kingdom on Sunday.

I actually have only returned to re-new the permission to stay and get a new re-entry permit.

Friday is no longer a public holiday. It was cancelled  by the cabinet on April 11 and two holidays were added. See: Holidays For 2017.pdf

Just to take the worry out of the process, I report back each time I leave LOS....last month was three times and the lady was happy to take all my paperwork....now has three copies of my rental contract and three copies of my passport page, entry stamp, etc., etc. ?

• Like 1

One wonders what the point of all this is? Is it to inconvenience you to the point where you say, I'll move out of Thailand and go to Laos where they are much more helpful and bureaucratic. Overall the impression I have is that the more corrupt and backward the country, the more duplicate paperwork they want you to fill in. Reminder Thailand wants to be the internet hub of Asean….yet you are left filling out reams of forms to renew the slightest thing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JackThompson said:

I think the boss is still upstairs.  When I was doing it, someone was "dis-pleased" about being hit for 5K Baht for something they had never heard of.  They got to go upstairs and talk to the boss, come back, and pay.

I rent - but long-term lease.  Hmmm.   We shall see.

In Jomtien they used to do that, but the last time, they replaced the slip after 3 days out of the country; I was reporting back that I lived in the same place as before - and was told I did the right thing.  I suspect I will be told "no need" the next time, after I am gone for a week or so - but I will still make that visit for my own, custom/personalized instructions. 

Do that, because the first time that you don't someone will fleece you. Quoting what this woman said won't help.

28 minutes ago, rickudon said:

Isaan bliss. Udon doesn't care about TM30's. I did ask once and was told 'has your address changed since last extension?' i said no and they said 'Not wanted'.

The same bliss at Phetchabun IO. I went there last week to report a change of address and was told " no do today, we do when you come for 90 day report in July"!

3 hours ago, novo58 said:

Friday is not a public holiday.  Cancelled

21 hours ago, Lemonltr said:

" You don't need to report unless you have been out of the country for over 1 month"

Why is this necessary, given you passed through imm @ swampy on the way back, inc a new TM6? This won't stop until procedures are standardized nationwide instead of being delegated almost as far as a bloke with a whistle in a car park...

Edited by evadgib

Just do as you are told, until one day when they want to fine you 2000 baht!

Pay it and then find out what the rules are that week.

Edited by jacko45k

This whole TM 30 fiasco is just a money maker for Immigration,

1,600 THB fine  here in CNX anyway, how many times do they

need to know your address ?, they have it when you arrive here,

when you do 90 day report,when you do your extension or any other

business at Immigration,TM 28,TM30, sure i missed  something.

Whats reported above with the OP, that the immigration officer said

you dont need to do report, if only out country for week or two,I have

a tenant returning today after been out for 10 days,do I take the chance

and not make a report ?,or wait till she visits immigration for some reason

then i get fined 1600 THB, nothing is set in stone,every office seems to

be able to make up their own rules, and  we have to follow them or else.

regards worgeordie

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

This whole TM 30 fiasco is just a money maker for Immigration,

1,600 THB fine  here in CNX anyway, how many times do they

need to know your address ?, they have it when you arrive here,

when you do 90 day report,when you do your extension or any other

business at Immigration,TM 28,TM30, sure i missed  something.

Whats reported above with the OP, that the immigration officer said

you dont need to do report, if only out country for week or two,I have

a tenant returning today after been out for 10 days,do I take the chance

and not make a report ?,or wait till she visits immigration for some reason

then i get fined 1600 THB, nothing is set in stone,every office seems to

be able to make up their own rules, and  we have to follow them or else.

regards worgeordie

...here in CNX...

You seem to live in Chiang Mai.

...Whats reported above with the OP...

That was about Jomtien, ie the Pattaya immigration office.

...do I take the chance and not make a report...

You disregard what happens in Pattaya and do what the Chiang Mai office currently requires.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Hi
I made at Jomtien Immigration my 90-Days reports in May

and my Retirement Extension renewal today.
Easy, and nobody asked for a TM30 or even talked about it.
I am living in my condo for many years and never made any TM30.

:smile:

On 5/2/2017 at 8:55 PM, steve187 said:

they make it up as they go along, the whole tm28/30 is a complete mess

agreed; looks to me that the whole thai immigration is a mess; this forum is the most informative ; my 'local forum'  questions and answers support my assertion of 'mess'

• Like 1