Chevrolet Owners (service)

In my experience ( Captiva owner 5 years) never had a servicing problem with Chevrolet dealers.

Just replaced 2 front shocks 2 months ago because of leak in one shock. Other than that no probs.

11 minutes ago, bartpix said:

In my experience ( Captiva owner 5 years) never had a servicing problem with Chevrolet dealers.

Just replaced 2 front shocks 2 months ago because of leak in one shock. Other than that no probs.

Thanks for the reply. I don't really consider having to replace shocks an issue (when I drive down my soi my left wheels have to go over the "drain slash metal grid pothole from hell" every 5 meters so that's to be expected. :wink: Are you based in Bangkok?

As an aside: Captiva vs Trailblazer (What made you go with the Captiva?)

Edited by SABloke

yes the Service is very bad or I can say, it is the worsted after sale Service in my life expirence in the last 60 years.
I Need some days for preparing a Report to here. In about 2 to 3 weeks I will Report more.
I send also a Mail to Chevrolet. This is the last Chevrolet car I will buy here in Thailand.
The cars are ok, but the Service ??
Never again

Exactly as krbkk said the actual car and service is probably the shittiest I have ever had! Never ever will buy a Chevrolet again. Not in thailand anyway. In America they are decent.

Had a Captiva 2.4 LTS for 3 years. After 9 months there was rattling. Battery didn't last 18 months. Air con unit was fried after 3 years. After one service they forgot to put in gear box liquid so the gearbox was broken at 90k km... Argued with them that it should be under the 100k warranty thing so didn't have to pay for new gearbox. It was amazing their own Chevrolet managers don't know their own policies and they will tell you different things at different dealers! The Captiva is a crap car to drive and the e20 or e85 fuel economy is a joke. We sold it at 3 years and got a Ford Ranger instead. Ford is absolutely amazing compared to Chev. Avoid Chevrolet at all costs.... Don't say I didn't warn you.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Edited by reenatinnakor

10 hours ago, reenatinnakor said:

Exactly as krbkk said the actual car and service is probably the shittiest I have ever had! Never ever will buy a Chevrolet again. Not in thailand anyway. In America they are decent.

Had a Captiva 2.4 LTS for 3 years. After 9 months there was rattling. Battery didn't last 18 months. Air con unit was fried after 3 years. After one service they forgot to put in gear box liquid so the gearbox was broken at 90k km... Argued with them that it should be under the 100k warranty thing so didn't have to pay for new gearbox. It was amazing their own Chevrolet managers don't know their own policies and they will tell you different things at different dealers! The Captiva is a crap car to drive and the e20 or e85 fuel economy is a joke. We sold it at 3 years and got a Ford Ranger instead. Ford is absolutely amazing compared to Chev. Avoid Chevrolet at all costs.... Don't say I didn't warn you.

Talk about jumping out of the pan into the fire, good luck with that!

42 minutes ago, MINIMIGLIA said:

Well MM ...it's 8:45 and am at Ford for 18month service ...let's see how we go..I said don't wash and I don't want any bill as it has SSP

Had our Ford Ranger Wildtrak for 2 years now... Not a single rattle or problem. I was shocked also at the good quality of it after a year since the Captiva after 6 months was rattling ... The Ranger had always been the best looking pick up truck but was scared about Ford reliability... But at 2 years and 50k km not a single nut or bolt wrong with it. Will never ever go near a Chevrolet again.

Had our Ford Ranger Wildtrak for 2 years now... Not a single rattle or problem. I was shocked also at the good quality of it after a year since the Captiva after 6 months was rattling ... The Ranger had always been the best looking pick up truck but was scared about Ford reliability... But at 2 years and 50k km not a single nut or bolt wrong with it. Will never ever go near a Chevrolet again.

Ignore him. He thinks British Leyland are quality.

Sent from my Cray II supercomputer