Thai editorial: Trump is risking a diplomatic disaster

webfact

34 minutes ago, riclag said:

I think his policies are as coherent as  Thai karaoke music on volume 10 ,very loud and clear.Its very apparent his message and actions on Jobs, illegal immigration ,boarder wall,using American natural resources.Lifting regulations on the EPA  are not vague promises but realities. Unfortunately there is a overwhelming media opposition  towards Trump and his policies .Many people in the world get their news from negative news sources and they  don't report on his Administrations achievements .

He has no coherent plan for creating jobs or  preventing illegal immigration.  His border wall is unfunded and will never be paid for by Mexico, if it is ever built.  He has lifted some regulations by executive orders (in fact the only thing he has accomplished is by executive orders, which don't carry the weight or have the permanence of law) however it is economics, not regulation, preventing coal mining. 

Why don't you give us specific examples of Trumps achievements?  Not meaningless executive orders signed, but actual accomplishments.  Can you outline a credible plan for creating jobs, bringing back manufacturing, replacing Obama Care with something better and cheaper, defeating ISIS or any of the other promises made?

Edited by heybruce

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 5/5/2017 at 2:42 PM, sanukjim said:

The writer of this article sounds like one of those poor rioting losers in LA or Chicago.He should have stated that this was just his uneducated  opinion because it sure is not an article that seems to have any intelligent investigations in it's content.

I agree in general, but it is an Editorial.   Says so on the label. 

But right, it's a bit over the top, melodramatic.  For a moment there, I thought The Nation had hired Jingthing. 

History will give you all of his achievements at the end of his eight years in office. If your an American, he will list them when he runs for his 2nd term in 2020! Today he's working on his health insurance plans and later this years lowering taxes on the middle class and companies. We love him and will support him again in 2020. He has a 96% support from his voters last year! Your not going to hear that on the Fake Media!

Go TRUMP!

Edited by tomwct

11 hours ago, jerojero said:

+50% cared enough not to vote for him.

Indeed. They voted for the other orange monster and she STILL couldn't pull it off.  Reckon the EC likes their bullshit straight up, not slipped in with the mystery meat she was selling.  :laugh:

hillary-clinton-for-war-400x526.jpg.699c71855688b7eea690c303806de82b.jpg

Edited by 55Jay

31 minutes ago, heybruce said:

He has no coherent plan for creating jobs or  preventing illegal immigration.  His border wall is unfunded and will never be paid for by Mexico, if it is ever built.  He has lifted some regulations by executive orders (in fact the only thing he has accomplished is by executive orders, which don't carry the weight of have the permanence of law) however it is economics, not regulation, preventing coal mining. 

Why don't you give us specific examples of Trumps achievements?  Not meaningless executive orders signed, but actual accomplishments?

1.His boarder wall is funded in part  http://www.newsweek.com/what-wall-sean-spicers-philosophical-argument-white-house-reporters-594342 . Still to be funded and paid for totally by Mexico  .

2.Illegal Immigration  is down http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/apr/25/donald-trump/illegal-immigration-lowest-17-years-trump-said/.If EO's are meaningless then why do they exist at all.

3.A good index of how well a administration is doing is the stock market http://www.marketwatch.com/story/how-trumps-stock-market-ranks-on-his-100th-day-in-office-2017-04-29 .

4.A  first step win for America in repealing the  the Not Affordable Care Act.

Next Taxes.

We can agree to disagree  but for me being American with this President feels good other then the bad reporting

Edited by riclag

15 minutes ago, tomwct said:

History will give you all of his achievements at the end of his eight years in office. If your an American, he will list them when he runs for his 2nd term in 2020! Today he's working on his health insurance plans and later this years lowering taxes on the middle class and companies. We love him and will support him again in 2020. He has a 96% support from his voters last year! Your not going to hear that on the Fake Media!

Go TRUMP!

Actually the legitimate media regularly reports that his core supporters stand by him in spite of all his gaffs and lack of accomplishments.

Trump is not working on health insurance, he's making impossible promises and expecting a Republican congress to craft a plan that will fulfill these promises, and go against what these congressmen stand for.  His tax plan will cause the deficit to explode (much like George W. Bush's tax cut), but fortunately stands no chance in congress.  His term in office may be shortened by his links to Russia, his use of the office for personal enrichment, or because he will decide the job isn't as much fun as he thought it would be.

BTW, Fake Media are the sources of total BS stories, like the child prostitution ring run out of pizza parlors that Gen Flynn and son promoted.  News sources that accurately report on Trump's activities and fact check his claims are not fake media.

1 minute ago, heybruce said:

Actually the legitimate media regularly reports that his core supporters stand by him in spite of all his gaffs and lack of accomplishments.

<snip>

Kinda reminds of the warm feelings Dems have for the legendary former VP, Joe Biden.  They just adore his fake ass folksy yuk yuk act almost as much as Hillary's ever-changing regional accents.   Good old Uncle Joe and Grandma Hillary.  

4 minutes ago, riclag said:

1.His boarder wall is funded in part  http://www.newsweek.com/what-wall-sean-spicers-philosophical-argument-white-house-reporters-594342 . Still to be funded and paid for totally by Mexico  .

2.Illegal Immigration  is down http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/apr/25/donald-trump/illegal-immigration-lowest-17-years-trump-said/.If EO's are meaningless then why do they exist at all.

3.A good index of how well a administration is doing is the stock market http://www.marketwatch.com/story/how-trumps-stock-market-ranks-on-his-100th-day-in-office-2017-04-29 .

4.A  first step win for America in repealing the  the Not Affordable Care Act.

Next Taxes.

We can agree to disagree  but for me being American with this President feels good.

Your first source reports on funding to repair and enhance the existing fence, not build a new wall.  You're living in fantasy land if you think Mexico will ever pay for a wall.

Immigration has been falling for years under Obama, it's not surprising the fall has continued under Trump.  From your source:

" Apprehensions at the southwest border peaked in 2000 at 1.6 million (yearly total) but began a declining trend during the 2008-09 recession that has continued since, Mittelstadt said."

Why is the stock market a good indicator of how the administration is doing?  The Bush administration thought the market was a good indicator of how it was doing, until it crashed.

Repealing the Affordable Care Act is a good step to losing Republican majorities in one or both houses of congress, which is why it's unlikely to happen.  Nobody has a plan to fulfill Trump's pie in the sky promises on a better health care plan.

On 05/05/2017 at 2:01 AM, steven100 said:

correct 100%   .....   true democracy does not work  ...    especially when you have people like TS or YL at the top ... now in exile never to return.

The Junta control what happens and rules are made, this stops the bickering and squabbling and street fights and killings.

I am all for Khun Prayuth as PM as most thais have come to realize the same.

Um that's funny most Thais I speak here to say the opposite and want different. Perhaps that's because they moved to another country and now know what democracy can do for them and they are free to say what they really think.

Mr Trump well I said I would wait 100 days before commenting, I thought Bush x2 where useless Obama a waste of time, but Trump is like a kid in control of a candy factory. With him there is a chance of war, but as history proves the USA is not good at that and needs others to guide them, hopefully we will keep out of it if it happens. Looking into the US these days worries me, hopefully as times progresses Trump will grow up and act responsible, fingers crossed but I do smell bullS>>> floating from his direction, hope I am wrong on that.

"Thanks to him, the boundaries that separate the developed and developing worlds – decency and indecency, tyranny and democracy – have effectively disappeared"

Maybe Thailand can claim a hub on this one.

On 5/4/2017 at 9:05 PM, cocorico2558 said:

The US has been abusing their power during the last decades. I hoped that Trump will be elected as my guess was that he will contribute to the US loosing more power than it did already. The world needs a good power balance between a few players in order to have peace and control abusive power houses. I hope China is getting stronger and more involved.

"The world needs a good power balance between a few players in order to have peace and control abusive power houses."

Do you mean like the balance of power in Europe in the early 20th century?  That worked out well, didn't it?

If you go back to the cold war, you'll find that when power was "balanced" and competed over by two major powers, abuses were rampant on both sides.  Both the USA and the USSR backed any murderous strongman that promised to support "their" side.

I agree a single superpower is far from ideal, but I'm not aware of a proven alternative that is better.  However the single superpower needs a rational, competent leader.  It doesn't need Trump.

"I hope China is getting stronger and more involved."

As anotheruser indicated in post 77, if you don't like the USA's abuse of power, wait until you see what China does with fewer constraints.  China has a long history of being a great power, that's why China's neighbors don't trust it.

Edited by heybruce