Smiles and "wais" as Thailand's new football manager arrives in Bangkok

webfact

Smiles and "wais" as Thailand's new football manager arrives in Bangkok

4pm.jpg

Picture: Thai News Agency

BANGKOK: -- It was all smiles and wais - but no comments - as Thailand's latest football coach arrived at Suvarnabhumi airport yesterday.

Milovan Rajevac, 63, will be appearing at a press conference today at 1pm to outline his plans for the Thai team, reported Thai News Agency.

The Serbian arrived on Qatar airlines yesterday with three other assistants who will act as assistant coach, fitness coach and goalkeeping coach.

He was whisked off yesterday in a waiting van. Thai News Agency said that he has a one year contract with an option to extend for a year. His salary was not announced but Thai News Agency said he is expected to make 1.5 million baht a month after tax.

Rajevac's first experiences of Thai football will be watching this weekend's action in the Toyota League. On Saturday he will be at the

Muang Thong Utd vs Navy match in Bangkok and on Sunday he will take in the action as Buriram Utd take on Ratchaburi FC.

Rajevac's job in Thailand will be his 17th managerial appointment since ending a pro-playing career at the end of the 1980s. He has

previously had stints in national team management with Qatar, Ghana and Algeria.

Source: Thai News Agency

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-05

18m thb a year... About 500k usd a year... That's jack squat for a national football team manager. No wonder thailand won't ever reach the WC finals, even a 48 team one!

There's no structure at school level to identify talented athletes, don't think they even do sport or PE at Thai schools.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

18m thb a year... About 500k usd a year... That's jack squat for a national football team manager. No wonder thailand won't ever reach the WC finals, even a 48 team one!

There's no structure at school level to identify talented athletes, don't think they even do sport or PE at Thai schools.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Sport/PE in Thai schools?

No

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

i have one thai mate who plays regularly for a local team but none of my friends sons plays properly coached and organised football at school, no inter school matches, none play for weekend league child teams. all spend a lot of time playing computer games. organised sport as in the curriculum or as a hobby seems scarce here.

It does exist however, I often look out from the condo and see games happening on the field opposite in the morning and of a decent standard.

Just not enough of a following in Thailand.

Kids like aircon sports more I think.

Is this the latest farang scam ? 18 million baht for a year training one of the worst teams in the world that will never qualify to any WC. .  No wonder he looks happy . 

Edited by balo

Is this the latest farang scam ? 18 million baht for a year training one of the worst teams in the world that will never qualify to any WC. .  No wonder he looks happy .   

Thailand have improved vastly over the past few years.

SE Asia cup winners twice in a row & winning thru to the final qualifying round of the World Cup this campaign, show they are within distance of a potential 1st appearance at the World Cup finals in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app