Police raid Khao San's Zad Club - underage drinking, drugs rife

rooster59

Police raid Khao San's Zad Club - underage drinking, drugs rife

club.PNG

Image: Daily News

Police and soldiers who raided the Zad Club in Khao San Road this morning found dozens of underage drinkers and drug takers.

The lights were turned off and the music stopped at 2am as the officials separated the party goers into two groups - those above twenty years of age and those below.

Everyone was given urine tests for drugs.

Some 59 of the patrons were underage.

A total of 66 people tested positive for drugs. Of this group 47 were men and 19 were women.

Most of them had taken ketamine.

The nightclub was found to be operating without a license, serving alcohol to minors, and not having a license to serve alcohol.

The owner is being sought.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-06

7 hours ago, thequietman said:

Someone forgot something....................... didn't they. LOL

brown-envelope-500x500.png

Actually if you notice it looks like army dudes with the police there.Even though the BIB recieve their brown envelops for the month,the army will instructs the BIB as to what clubs to raid on that night ,thus making the BIB lose face to the club owners.This is to show the BIB who is the real boss here by cutting into their money income.

I wish they would stop wasting everyone's time with their "Raid Charade"  affairs.

It is not police work of any significance or substance while the public grows weary of their predictable circus show.

It is not what the public wants and not what they should be doing as compared but they spend a inordinate amount of time and resources on such matters. 

I can only surmise because it is simply too easy and too obvious and looks good in the press and probably considered their most enjoyable police work.

I don't recall seeing this place there but not a club guy. Were these predominantly Thai youngsters?

There's a couple of places in Khao San itself that are those streetside type places and one in particular has a sign that just says 'strong cocktails, we don't check ID' .... I mean, the police station is right there and the police wander around all the time :ph34r:

I have seen very young Thais hanging out in there, I presume can't get into clubs/waiting to go later