Imac Modem Problems

cm-happy

I have an IMAC runing OSX and use the machines' internal 56K modem to dial into the internet using loxinfor as my ISP.

For the past several weeks have been experiencing modem difficulties. The machine is about 4 years old and up till now have not had this manner of problem. This is getting to be a nuisance and often have to try connecting 3 or 4 times before I get a internet connection.

Messages appear that the modem has unexpectedly hung up or unable to establish connection and sometimes stay connected for a few minutes before the line is dropped again with unexpected modem hangup.

I've checked and re-checked the PPP options and think they are set as appropropriate

Have called loxinfo about this and they tell me its not their probelm but problem with phone company (TOT) having noisy lines.

When I look at the modem's connection log it seems that the terminations occur with a code 15. Imac documents dont seem to explain what this means.

Is it time to take the machine to the local (Chiang Mai) Mac shop for repairs or possible spending the Big Bucks and getting a high speed ADSL connection?? :o

I have an IMAC runing OSX and use the machines' internal 56K modem to dial into the internet using loxinfor as my ISP.

For the past several weeks have been experiencing modem difficulties. The machine is about 4 years old and up till now have not had this manner of problem. This is getting to be a nuisance and often have to try connecting 3 or 4 times before I get a internet connection.

Messages appear that the modem has unexpectedly hung up or unable to establish connection and sometimes stay connected for a few minutes before the line is dropped again with unexpected modem hangup.

I've checked and re-checked the PPP options and think they are set as appropropriate

Have called loxinfo about this and they tell me its not their probelm but problem with phone company (TOT) having noisy lines.

When I look at the modem's connection log it seems that the terminations occur with a code 15. Imac documents dont seem to explain what this means.

Is it time to take the machine to the local (Chiang Mai) Mac shop for repairs or possible spending the Big Bucks and getting a high speed ADSL connection?? :o

Error code -15

What does this code mean?

Cannot connect to the license server. The server (lmgrd) has not been started yet or the wrong port@host or license file is being used or the TCP/IP port or host name in the license file has been changed"

I've found it by Google

Eugen