Laos From Mukdahan ...... Day Visit

taxexile

i expect to be spending a few days in mukdahan over new year , its a family jaunt.

will i need a laos visa to cross over for a day trip , or do they issue day passes to foriegners.

if i need a visa , will they issue one at the border , and how much is it.

and is there an immigration facility in mukdahan that will issue me with a 1900b (or is it 1000b)

single re-entry permit so that i dont lose my 1 year retirement visa should i leave thailand and enter laos.

thanks for any help on these questions.

The bridge is open now since tuesday 20th so i don't know if this is valid (did it by boat on monday 19th Dec)

You will need a loa visa (available on arrival)

1500 Baht or US$30

50 baht each way for boat

+port taxes higher for foreigners I think 80 baht each side

They have an immigration office opposite the customs/ferry terminal where i'm sure you can sort out extentions/re-entry permits etc

Thais can cross with or without passport (need id card) for a few days just using a cheap boarder pass system (20 or 40 baht +ferry and port charge)

The bridge is open now since tuesday 20th so i don't know if this is valid (did it by boat on monday 19th Dec)

You will need a loa visa (available on arrival)

1500 Baht or US$30

50 baht each way for boat

+port taxes higher for foreigners I think 80 baht each side

They have an immigration office opposite the customs/ferry terminal where i'm sure you can sort out extentions/re-entry permits etc

Thais can cross with or without passport (need id card) for a few days just using a cheap boarder pass system (20 or 40 baht +ferry and port charge)

Does the day pass system for Thai's only apply to those from that province ?

Although the bridge was officially opened on 20 Dec I don't think it will be open for traffic/people until next month! They still have to decide on how to operate the bridge. TIT as Trink would say.