Jump to content

Unacceptable Noise From Swimming Pool


Recommended Posts

Hi,

We have just moved to a new condo which, with the exception of 1 issue, is great.

The issue being unacceptable noise being made by certain tenant's teenage children when using the pool, usually the same 3 or 4 culprits every time.

It is not them swimming, it is the top of their voice, uncontrolled, screaming, screeching & shouting.

The pool is a covered area on the 9th floor, we are on the 12th and even with all windows and doors closed they can still be heard above everything else.

I have reported it to the lobby staff on several occasions resulting in 1 of their security reluctantly asking them to be quiet.

This request lasts all of 2 minutes until after he has left & it's then back to full on screaming and screeching.

I have spoke with the Juristic office advising them that unless it's resolved I will be forced to take legal action against them.

I have made countless recordings as proof.

I would like to know if anyone else has had similar issues and if so how they resolved them, if at all

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

 

Hmm.  How long have you lived in Thailand?  You do know its the school summer holidays and the children will go back in a couple weeks?  You know Thai people don't care about noise, in fact they love it, the louder music, screaming parties and motor bikes the better... and the fireworks. 

 

The teenagers at you pool can not be making screaming noises 24 / 7.  I suggest you go out for a walk or shopping or something when you find yourself getting angry... that would be a better way to spend you time than working yourself up about it and recording it, reporting it to the staff, etc  and will help you relax a bit. 

 

Also I am sure your condo pool will be closed at night.. so it's not like the noise is keeping you awake at night.  I knowing most teenagers, I doubt there are in the pool much before midday, so they won't be waking you up at 6am either.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is a similar issue in our condominium where the swimming pool is on the 9th floor. Many small children come to swim and play in the common area and being children, they shout, scream abd laugh. Most normal people enjoy the sight and sounds of happy children, who come down around 5pm and go home by 7pm. Condo rules prohibit only excessive noise at odd hours. But there is one particular resident on the 12th floor (he is a thai professor in a reputed university) has been a complete nuisance claiming that the sounds are piercing through his sealed door, windows and it goes on late nights, even all night. Juristic and police even arranged to set up a machine in his unit to measure the decibel level and found nothing abnormal, but he does not accept it. Then he started throwing water bottles at the children, and going down to threaten them, getting into fights with the other parents. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the meantime, get yourself a pair of ear protectors. Basic models available from 100 Baht.

 

If the noise you are referring to is post-9pm, you have a chance. If it is daytime, then your chance of peace is much reduced during school and university holidays.

 

Try talking to the kids direct.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmmmm, been here 14 years but unsure why my length of stay should excuse bad manners.

I am merely asking if the Juristic office have a duty to their tenants to restrict unacceptable noise being made by other tenants, Thai nationals or not, it does not matter.

No they don't wake me up at 06.00 but going for a walk or shopping for 3 or 4 hours a day whilst they run riot is something I do not accept I should have to do.

Thanks for your reply though. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would say give up and move to another condo if you renting it. People are free to make noise here and I have lived nearly a year in a conso with construction going on everyday despite countless of complaints to the office. Nothing makes sense here.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, saakura said:

There is a similar issue in our condominium where the swimming pool is on the 9th floor. Many small children come to swim and play in the common area and being children, they shout, scream abd laugh. Most normal people enjoy the sight and sounds of happy children, who come down around 5pm and go home by 7pm. Condo rules prohibit only excessive noise at odd hours. But there is one particular resident on the 12th floor (he is a thai professor in a reputed university) has been a complete nuisance claiming that the sounds are piercing through his sealed door, windows and it goes on late nights, even all night. Juristic and police even arranged to set up a machine in his unit to measure the decibel level and found nothing abnormal, but he does not accept it. Then he started throwing water bottles at the children, and going down to threaten them, getting into fights with the other parents. 

The OP lives on the 12th floor and has a problem with pool noise on the 9th floor, the guy in your block lives on the 12th floor and has a problem with pool noise on the 9th floor. Do you think its possible the OP is the guy in your block ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Peterw42,

Rest assured I am no Thai professor at a reputed university, nor have I had the police set up a machine set up in the condo or thrown water bottles, least of all threatening parents..

I can see where your assumption was made but no, not me.

Edited by StevieDee
correction
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

The OP lives on the 12th floor and has a problem with pool noise on the 9th floor, the guy in your block lives on the 12th floor and has a problem with pool noise on the 9th floor. Do you think its possible the OP is the guy in your block ?

Probably the two projects have a similar building design that causes sound reverberation at the 12th floor...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OP, it doesn't make much sense to take legal action against your own condo management, thats your money, your condo fees, they would be spending to to engage a lawyer to respond to your legal action. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Lamkyong said:

when you posted did you really expect any sympathy    by the way do you have any children ??

Sympathy can be found in the dictionary, somewhere between shit and syphilis.

Kids in pools are always noisy. They go back to school in 10 days, so it should be less frequent.

Edited by darksidedog
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agreed Peterw42,

As my post mentioned I am happy here.

Unfortunately, I have never had this before in the previous 4 condos that I have lived at over the past 10 years.

As my post asked, "I would like to know if anyone else has had similar issues and if so how they resolved them, if at all"

With respect to others, going for walks or shopping for 3-4 hours a day or wearing 100 Baht ear plugs does not 'resolve' it.

If others have had similar issues and their only way to resolve it was to move then so be it.

Not the solution I was hoping for but due to personal reasons will be the option I pursue.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, StevieDee said:

Agreed Peterw42,

As my post mentioned I am happy here.

Unfortunately, I have never had this before in the previous 4 condos that I have lived at over the past 10 years.

As my post asked, "I would like to know if anyone else has had similar issues and if so how they resolved them, if at all"

With respect to others, going for walks or shopping for 3-4 hours a day or wearing 100 Baht ear plugs does not 'resolve' it.

If others have had similar issues and their only way to resolve it was to move then so be it.

Not the solution I was hoping for but due to personal reasons will be the option I pursue.

 

Should you relocate, choose a corner unit, and not with pool view, so that sound waves would not get trapped and reflected towards you...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Op, feel your pain but you will not stop this. If the kids are indeed reprimanded, move out or grow up, they will eventually be replaced. Kids will be kids and Thai kids are, well, extremely adept at noise making. Save yourself the agro and just move.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you take the course you state you will lose as well as loosing the case which i suspect will never get to court. You will lose vasts amount of money pursuing this foolish mission. You will lose any good will with the condo managment. Above all you will alienate yourself with the other residents. Is it really worth all this for a few hours in the day time were kids enjoy them self's

I think you should sit and take stock before launching an unwinable case

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, StevieDee said:

Must have mis-read my own post as can't see any requests for sympathy, just a genuine request if anyone else had a similar experience & if so how they resolved it.

 

I have had the same thing. Twice. I tried resolving it which didn't work. I moved. Twice.

Sorry, I didn't bring up the sympathy thing, just commented on it.

Edited by darksidedog
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, darksidedog said:

I have had the same thing. Twice. I tried resolving it which didn't work. I moved.

Sorry, I didn't bring up the sympathy thing, just commented on it.

no i did

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, saakura said:

There is a similar issue in our condominium where the swimming pool is on the 9th floor. Many small children come to swim and play in the common area and being children, they shout, scream abd laugh. Most normal people enjoy the sight and sounds of happy children, who come down around 5pm and go home by 7pm. Condo rules prohibit only excessive noise at odd hours. But there is one particular resident on the 12th floor (he is a thai professor in a reputed university) has been a complete nuisance claiming that the sounds are piercing through his sealed door, windows and it goes on late nights, even all night. Juristic and police even arranged to set up a machine in his unit to measure the decibel level and found nothing abnormal, but he does not accept it. Then he started throwing water bottles at the children, and going down to threaten them, getting into fights with the other parents. 

"Then he started throwing water bottles at the children, and going down to threaten them, getting into fights with the other parents."

 

Seriously?

 

That's mad...

Edited by Bluespunk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, saakura said:

There is a similar issue in our condominium where the swimming pool is on the 9th floor. Many small children come to swim and play in the common area and being children, they shout, scream abd laugh. Most normal people enjoy the sight and sounds of happy children, who come down around 5pm and go home by 7pm

 

I detest the noise of screaming children and all other pointless noises like barking dogs and tuneless karaoke and wailing monks. As far as I'm concerned a condo building is not a place for children at all: they should be in a house (or a zoo). Condos are places in which people should be quiet and that's it, and anyone with children, or other sources of noise, who voluntarily moves to a condo is not very bright.

 

The OP could make a written complaint to the JPM and the committee. All co-owners have the right to peaceful enjoyment of their property which includes the common areas like the pool. Those who wish to make a noise can simply go to public area like a park or beach and do it. There is no shortage of noisy public places in Thailand, none at all. Unfortunately the complaints will probably have no effect as most Thais dont care about noise and dont care about other people either. So he can thank his stars that he is (apparently) just a tenant and can move at any time and without any major financial loss.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

"Then he started throwing water bottles at the children, and going down to threaten them, getting into fights with the other parents."

Seriously?

That's mad...

 

Back in Europe not one hot summer would go by without someone in some housing estate taking pot-shots with a rifle at noisy kids. I can fully understand why they do it, though I would move before getting to that point myself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

 

Back in Europe not one hot summer would go by without someone in some housing estate taking pot-shots with a rifle at noisy kids. I can fully understand why they do it, though I would move before getting to that point myself.

Not sure I could understand it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

... difficult one, parents lack the need to teach responsibility and consideration of others, and yet this better for the kids, I'd rather see them having fun than doing drugs and getting into all kinds of mischief.    Sorry, you're going to have to man up and accept this one...  you could go out there and make friends with the kids...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, KittenKong said:

 

Back in Europe not one hot summer would go by without someone in some housing estate taking pot-shots with a rifle at noisy kids. I can fully understand why they do it, though I would move before getting to that point myself.

What part of Europe is thst them ive never heard of this or seen any news articles if this in my part of Europe

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, KittenKong said:

 

I detest the noise of screaming children and all other pointless noises like barking dogs and tuneless karaoke and wailing monks. As far as I'm concerned a condo building is not a place for children at all: they should be in a house (or a zoo). Condos are places in which people should be quiet and that's it, and anyone with children, or other sources of noise, who voluntarily moves to a condo is not very bright.

 

The OP could make a written complaint to the JPM and the committee. All co-owners have the right to peaceful enjoyment of their property which includes the common areas like the pool. Those who wish to make a noise can simply go to public area like a park or beach and do it. There is no shortage of noisy public places in Thailand, none at all. Unfortunately the complaints will probably have no effect as most Thais dont care about noise and dont care about other people either. So he can thank his stars that he is (apparently) just a tenant and can move at any time and without any major financial loss.

So you recon anyone with children should not move into a block of flats then? That all these so called Condos Are studio 1/2or 3 bedroom flats. Anyone who thinks families should not move into flats is the not very bright ones. Your post sounds to me that you really dont like Thailand!  A little prospective kids are kids we were all kids once (although some have forgoton that fact). A bit of noise during the day come on get real. I suppose we parents should ground them permanently. Oh and ban karaoke. Shoot all dogs and criminalise walling and chanting from monks, To appease grumpy farangs.

Edited by jeab1980
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.







×
×
  • Create New...