Paperwork Requirements For Non 'o' Visa

Have just read the post from the guy who went to Laos for a Non Imm 'o' Visa and he stated that he needed his wifes origonal birth certificate and his house documents, I know that you require copies of your wifes ID card and the original wedding certificate but these others seem to be taking it a bit far, I am going to KL in Jan to get an 'o' Visa based on marriage, has the rules on the paperwork requirements changed at Thai Consulates or is this just the Consulate in Laos taking things to the extreme, I am worried as my wife thinks that her mother in Korat has her birth certificate and what house paperwork did the guy mean , is it the blue book? any thoughts or comments will be appreciated.

I suspect it has much more to do with the applicant and Consulate worker chemistry than any rules when such requests are made. The normal items asked for are the Marriage certificate and perhaps copy of ID card. But in todays era of easy phone service it is probably best to check just prior to visit to make sure - what was normal last month may not be normal this month.

The house paper would be the home register (blue book). Have never heard of any other request for birth certificate (many Thai don't even have one - or if they had it was long ago lost/destroyed).