One Finnish and one British damaged an ATM

geovalin

Kampot Provincial Court yesterday charged two tourists, one Finnish and one British, for damaging property on Friday night. The pair were charged with causing intentional damage and are liable to between six months and two years imprisonment, as well as a fine of up to four million riel (about $1,000) if found guilty.

The suspects were identified as 29-year-old tattoo artist Hannah Elisa Sirkia from Finland and 32-year-old Benjamin James Moore from England – both of whom lived in Kampot city. Ms Sirkia became enraged and began throwing rocks at an ABA Bank ATM after she was unable to withdraw money from it.

“She got angry at the ATM for not dispensing money. She then took stones and began throwing it at the machine, seriously damaging it,” provincial immigration police officer Seng Kosal said. “She was later arrested by local police who were on duty nearby.” Police said that Mr Moore, in a drunken rage, destroyed a restaurant in Kampot City’s Sangkat Kampong Kandal by breaking glasses, a mirror and tables, among other items.

read more http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/38152/foreigners-on-damage-charges/

khmer_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khmer Times 09/05

1 hour ago, DuiDui48 said:

...Alkohol..worst drug ever..

It sounds like these two are truly losers with very low IQs.They would have gotten into trouble with out alcohol.I am glad that they don't live in Thailand as we have enough losers here.

2 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

.....and of course, you're not one of them.

I am retired here after working 45 years and have the money to live most anyplace and no I am not one of the losers,though I might have been back in 1974 when I was here for a while.How about YOU ? Not one of these phony teachers are you ?

Edited by sanukjim

I don't believe I would use an ATM in Cambodia. This lady the tattoo artist will have a job in prison, so she'll eat pretty good doing her time. The other bloc, well I hope they are very good friends because she should be able to feed him too! Good luck guys!

3 hours ago, sanukjim said:

I am retired here after working 45 years and have the money to live most anyplace and no I am not one of the losers,though I might have been back in 1974 when I was here for a while.How about YOU ? Not one of these phony teachers are you ?

So.....you equate "loser" with financial status.

How shallow of you (and rather pompous)........

They've been released. Don't know how, but they were seen wandering the streets this morning. (a few days after formal charges were pressed) 
:sad:

Same girl got done for Meth supply in Sihanoukville in December. 

These types are ruining the generally good name of Kampot, if you ask me. 

Edited by kayo