Mobdro

worgeordie

I had Mobdro on my Android box, it was stuttering so uninstalled it ,

hoping the latest one would work better, but now I cannot download

it from the official site or any others,it seems to download for few seconds

then stops,resulting in" download unsuccessful",I have the setting set so

it would install, but wont even download.

On the official site,there's a pop up, about the certificate not been genuine,

its signed by Comodo, so i click OK,thinking if anything goes wrong can sort

out later,but still won't download.!

regards worgeordie

I had the same problem, website download just took me round and round in circles. I gave up looking after FilmOn pulled the plug on free UK TV, as IIRC Mobdro used the FilmOn feed.

6 minutes ago, Stocky said:

I had the same problem, website download just took me round and round in circles. I gave up looking after FilmOn pulled the plug on free UK TV, as IIRC Mobdro used the FilmOn feed.

Mobdro doesn't use the Filmon feeds

I gave it another go this afternoon, and I successfully downloaded from the Mobdro website to my Android box and installed OK. I don't know what the problem was the other week, but it now runs OK.

You have to watch which feeds you pick for UK TV as there are FilmOn feeds in the options and they freeze after a couple of minutes. Once you locate the right feeds then it's fine. I also have the BBC iPlayer up and running over VPN but after fighting to get ITV Hub and All 4 to run (need to change your time zone to UK) I found the ITV Hub app unwieldly and both are plagued with adverts. Mobdro fills in my missing Freeview options. 

In Kodi then The Sanctuary plugin works OK too, thanks for the recommendation Jai Dee, as does UK Turks Playlist, though for Turks you again need to avoid the FilmOn feeds and if you're not a VPN  connection to the UK the iPlayer feeds won't run either.

15 hours ago, Stocky said:

I gave it another go this afternoon, and I successfully downloaded from the Mobdro website to my Android box and installed OK. I don't know what the problem was the other week, but it now runs OK.

You have to watch which feeds you pick for UK TV as there are FilmOn feeds in the options and they freeze after a couple of minutes. Once you locate the right feeds then it's fine. I also have the BBC iPlayer up and running over VPN but after fighting to get ITV Hub and All 4 to run (need to change your time zone to UK) I found the ITV Hub app unwieldly and both are plagued with adverts. Mobdro fills in my missing Freeview options. 

In Kodi then The Sanctuary plugin works OK too, thanks for the recommendation Jai Dee, as does UK Turks Playlist, though for Turks you again need to avoid the FilmOn feeds and if you're not a VPN  connection to the UK the iPlayer feeds won't run either.

I will try and download it again.thought it might be gone for good Thanks

regards Worgeordie

23 hours ago, Stocky said:

Finally got it to install, after visiting various sites,but some channels are still playing clunky ,using RJ45 cable and HDMI to tv,

on another note  BBC iPLAYER are asking for you to sign in,obviously you have to have a VPN, but you will also have to have

a UK postcode,to enter when setting up the account,just used my daughters and everything was OK.

Better than Filmon, especially now it's paid, is UKTV ,has all the UK free tv channels,10 day back over,but only works on windows at moment, there's a post about it on here for correct address .

regards worgeordie

I find that sometimes when feeds get clunky its just a case of escaping out and trying the feed again.  I think it sometimes picks up a different feed which is a bit more stable.

Mobdro is certainly my go to for sports, the Sky channels generally capture all the main Rugby Union games. And being a kiwi...I happy like a pig in the proverbial.  Big game this afternoon in Super Rugby.  1425hrs today Crusaders vs Hurricanes.  Got my beers on ice at the moment.

I just found out about an upgrade to old android boxes using the Audio/visual topic on ThaiVisa.  Amazing what you can find here.... well done to all those that input/import these things.  Certainly makes life easier.

Some sports feeds are in HD and look fine on my 42 led tv.

I prefer to use kodi for movies though...they are on demand whereas mobdro is luck of the draw as to what's screening.

But for sports I think it's great.