Chinese study for Ed visa?

Can a person study Chinese and qualify for an Ed visa? Is the Ed visa good for 18 months and are 90 day reports required? Lastly after the 18 months expire can that person apply for and study Thai for another 18 months?

Thanks in advance.

A non-ed visa only allows one 90 day entry. Since studying Chinese at a language school is considered a informal school you would have to apply for 90 day extensions at immigration up to a year of total stay from the date you enter the country with the non-ed visa. You would then have to go out for new non-ed visa to get the remaining 6 months of the max course of study you can do for language studies.

You could change to studying Thai after that to get another 18 months of total stay.

I would like to add one aspect of non-ed visas and their extensions: CW here in Bangkok very often only extends by 60 days each time which in combination with the 90 days reports means that you will have the pleasure of visiting immigration very often and more often than not twice within 30 days. That´s something that put me off from applying for the non-ed even though I would have had access to it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DUS said:

I would like to add one aspect of non-ed visas and their extensions: CW here in Bangkok very often only extends by 60 days each time which in combination with the 90 days reports means that you will have the pleasure of visiting immigration very often and more often than not twice within 30 days. That´s something that put me off from applying for the non-ed even though I would have had access to it.

Be sure to inquire at prospective schools if they have an "expedited fee" which gets you 90-day extensions every time.  Then see if that fee, minus the extra cost of shorter / more-frequent 1900 Baht extensions, fits your budget.