Five tourists injured as "stairway collapses" in Ang Thong - Koh Samui National Park

webfact

As i can read more and more accidents happens in tourist industry and national parks....

ALL tourists going to Thailand should be warned about all of these dangerous situations that can appear easy in Thailand and: there is nobody who pay for it or can be made resposible for the costs !!!!!!!!

All embassies in Thailand  should have this on their website as a warning at the section of travel warnings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And i think more also the social media should be used much more of warnings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So its up to us, travellers or residence of this country!

30 minutes ago, manhood said:

As i can read more and more accidents happens in tourist industry and national parks....

ALL tourists going to Thailand should be warned about all of these dangerous situations that can appear easy in Thailand and: there is nobody who pay for it or can be made resposible for the costs !!!!!!!!

All embassies in Thailand  should have this on their website as a warning at the section of travel warnings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And i think more also the social media should be used much more of warnings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So its up to us, travellers or residence of this country!

Oh so every other country is very safe then.... ? I don't think so.... 

2 hours ago, Dennis1985 said:

I just signed up to write this reply. Me as one of the people involved in this accident can only say that the first aid, transport to Samui and treatment in the hospital were very good. 

We didn't need to pay anything, today was the second visit in hospital. Again, paid nothing. As my wrist is broken and my feets are damaged this will go on until I leave. 

Today we had a visit from the ministry of tourism and they told us that we just need to say what we need and they will help us. 

Shit like this can happen to you in countrys like this and I'm aware of this.

Thank you for posting, and disproving many of the misconceptions many posters try to make out things that are not always true...

Pleased you were looked after by the Ministry of tourism... and that despite the wounds all are alive....  :thumbsup:

Those injured should now claim high compensation  no mercy.... (they like our money hence must take consequences)

If they have no mercy charging high for entering parks .. they must take responsibility for the safety of those entering property like everywhere in the world . Thailand wants  to be in the "world" must accept all changes ?  and must take responsibilities too.

Thank you for joining us, Dennis. I am sorry for your injuries. You're taking it like a champ. Looks like a nice pool. ;)

I suppose LOS is not alone in being excellent at closing the gate after the horse has escaped. Hopefully they see the wisdom and the economy of paying to fix the infrastructure rather than broken bones.

On 5/11/2017 at 6:25 AM, Thaiwrath said:

More worrying construction woes in LOS.

Unfortunately, it will probably be 'hospital bills paid by those at fault', then life goes on as normal.

To be fair its quite often that the company or property owner pays the full Monty, not least to avoid or minimise litigation and to maintain their status with TAT.

Posted before I saw Dennis's update above.

Edited by evadgib

7 hours ago, gigman said:

Those injured should now claim high compensation  no mercy.... (they like our money hence must take consequences)

If they have no mercy charging high for entering parks .. they must take responsibility for the safety of those entering property like everywhere in the world . Thailand wants  to be in the "world" must accept all changes ?  and must take responsibilities too.

Compensation is often successfully claimed via the courts inc long after tourists have returned home. 

12 hours ago, gigman said:

Have you been visiting Ang Thong Marine Park..?

On 2017-5-11 at 11:01 AM, Dennis1985 said:

I just signed up to write this reply. Me as one of the people involved in this accident can only say that the first aid, transport to Samui and treatment in the hospital were very good. 

We didn't need to pay anything, today was the second visit in hospital. Again, paid nothing. As my wrist is broken and my feets are damaged this will go on until I leave. 

Today we had a visit from the ministry of tourism and they told us that we just need to say what we need and they will help us. 

Shit like this can happen to you in countrys like this and I'm aware of this.

IMG_2725.thumb.JPG.50f896c65e4efef4d1ba7cd1b2a71713.JPG

Sorry it happened to you ...or anyone else.

Hope you were on your way down and did not miss the stunning view from the top, just looked through my photos and posting some of the best, now I wish I had taken a panoramic picture, but no picture can justify the view one gets in person.

20150423_111149.thumb.jpg.489635e575acec99cfbd5f9ef567f044.jpg20150423_111305.thumb.jpg.069d40716f32530770244f82603c46c3.jpg20150423_111320.thumb.jpg.66df64c052fd5af3d4899ee3cba461d5.jpg20150423_111136.thumb.jpg.0793afa0d64c4ca69bb6aefdd93d8f6b.jpg

• 1 month later...

Now, back in Germany and after a quite complicated surgery I'm thinking about getting some compensation for all of this. Is there any possibility to get help? I really don't want to have this end up in front of a court but do you (guys) think I'll get a reputation without taking a lawyer?

best regards 

Edited by Dennis1985

40 minutes ago, Dennis1985 said:

Now, back in Germany and after a quite complicated surgery I'm thinking about getting some compensation for all of this. Is there any possibility to get help? I really don't want to have this end up in front of a court but do you (guys) think I'll get a reputation without taking a lawyer?

best regards 

What do your Travel Insurance company say about accidents and compensation..?

37 minutes ago, khunPer said:

What do your Travel Insurance company say about accidents and compensation..?

Why should they say anything about that? They didn't even have to pay the treatment in Thailand. It should be possible to get compensation from the national park as they are the one responsible for the accident!?

Or am I thinking wrong?

1 hour ago, Dennis1985 said:

Why should they say anything about that? They didn't even have to pay the treatment in Thailand. It should be possible to get compensation from the national park as they are the one responsible for the accident!?

Or am I thinking wrong?

I'm in no way expert in insurances, but I would think you have a personal accident cover and some level of compensation in your Travel Insurance, which then may be reimbursed from other sources, like the National Park; in that way it's no longer your problem to deal with Thai authorities. 

To my knowledge, any kind of accidents during travel is normally an insurance matter, including repatriation, and is covered without limitation; and if you suffer an accident, it will also include right to compensation for permanent injury.

The 42 islands that are Ang Thong (National) Marine Park is probably owner by Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, and/or The Marine Department (which owns the beaches). What have the Thai Tourist Authorities (TAT) said about compensation..?