Four year old killed as she tumbles down uncovered drain

webfact

22 hours ago, worgeordie said:

"Police are set to meet with all the relevant authorities to decide what action to take in the case."

probably none, although somebody needs to be held responsible,for ending the young ladies life.

RIP

regards Worgeordie

In Australia the responsible authority would be sued. The authority would probably be the local council.

Australian authorities are so scared of accidents in public places that I have heard of some councils banning swings in public parks, and no doubt has spread to other things we regarded as games when we were kids.

Insurance companies have a lot of say in what happens these days.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 hours ago, monspencer said:

What a deplorable comment. You deserve to be banned from ThaiVisa for saying such a heartless thing.

RIP to the little girl. I'm not religious, but if there is a God, I hope she is with him now.

YOU need to be banned for being too thick to recognise obvious irony.

What about helding accountable an elderly brother or parents?

How old is the brother? Could be 8 or 10... He also should have kept a better eye on her just as parents. I have a 4 year old and I never let her leave my side.

while in khon kaen, there was a drainage system exposed like this. I discovered it the hard way, and broke my foot. But I am a 66 year old man. Had I been 4 yrs old, it would have been fatal as well. As usual, it's just a matter of time before something tragic happens. Then people are outraged.

Poor child. Another sad report of a young life taken before its really begun. RIP

The incident could simply be a case of unfortunate circumstances, but I must add, that in my opinion, many young children are left unsupervised or unattended.

On 5/11/2017 at 9:58 AM, johng said:

They let her out with her older brother to go buy sweets from a shop in the building opposite..while the brother was buying sweets the little girl wondered off behind the sweet shop building and fell down the hole...this is a government run "council estate" (UK analogy) where many young families live, the kids are quite often sent out to buy sweets or groceries on their own !

Her OLDER brother was 5 years old........look at the fam.picture

On 5/11/2017 at 11:51 AM, fruitman said:

I agree, those people probably will say maibenlai and make a new baby tonight..who are we to judge them?

But i live in a upscale estate and there it's the same story, open drains, open naked wires who even give fireworks during rain...exploding transformers, rabies soidogs......

Even the elite don't have safe private estates because nobody cares.

the ELITE are the same people .....just more money

On 5/10/2017 at 10:51 PM, shady86 said:

As usual, improvement and actions only taken after someone lost their life. Seems like everything needs to be paid by life here.

Really . 

• 5 months later...

Was in KK 2 years ago, and had a qtr mile walk from my apt to the 7-11. along the way were several openings in the drain system. I am 66, and I almost forgot about the damn things one evening. got lucky, just missed breaking an ankle. I remember thinking to myself "that's gonna end up killing somebody."  Bought a house in Udon. Maybe to some not a lot of difference, but for me this place is head/shoulders better than KK. Dear God please take this girl in your loving arms, and help the parents.

Edited by jonbsails
accidently submitted