Taxi driver returns Bt22,000 in cash to Chinese teachers

webfact

Taxi driver returns Bt22,000 in cash to Chinese teachers
By The Nation

BANGKOK: -- A taxi driver in Bangkok returned a wallet with Bt22,000 in cash to two Chinese teachers on Thursday after one of them dropper her wallet in his car.

Sanong Kaewmalang, 39, from Roi Et, returned the wallet to Ni Jing and Xu Shiyao at the FM91 radio station at 1pm.

Sanong took the two Chinese-language teachers from the Bangkok railway station to Central World at 10am.

While he was filling his gas tank to return the taxi to its operator after his shift, he noticed the wallet near the front passenger seat. He found the cash and ID card inside so he called the radio station to help contact the passengers.

“If I lose my wallet with cash, I’d want it back so I think the owner also wants it back,” Sanong said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30314904

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-05-11

That's nice.

I actually left a wallet in the bus with 8000 baht last month and no one returned it to me even after my wife called. The other 2 times I lost my wallet it was promptly returned and money politely declined. Needless to say, I never carry a wallet anymore as I'm totally useless with it.

That being said Thailand must be the only country in the world that announces when a good deed has been done. I guess I understand as these taxi driver guys don't have the greatest reputation.

Oh boy....look at me babbling.

Carry on....

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app