Confused on next permission to stay.

Hello All,

My current permission to stay issued in Vientaine Laos based on Thai wife was extended in BKK and is due to expire on Saturday 20th May.

I have had the following in said order since returning to BKK mid 2015 after several years working overseas:

1.       Vientaine Laos extension based on Thai wife.

2.       Bangkok Non O visa based on Thai wife and having the 400K in the bank. This was valid for 1 year.

3.       Vientaine Laos extension based on Thai wife.

4.       Vientaine Laos extension based on Thai wife.

Am I eligible for another visa run to Laos or could I go to Savannakhet?  I hold a British passport, however sadly I do not have a lot of funds here at present.

I have spent several hours searching here but I got confused, is a METV (Multi Entry Tourist Visa?) the type issued in Savannnakhet and needing 200K in the bank? If I went to Vientaine again, would I be refused/blacklisted?...given I have the above 3 in my passport.

Thank you for any feedback,

Best Regards,

James.d

Not sure what you got in Vientiane since they don't do extensions. Perhaps a single entry non-o visa based upon marriage.

You could get a multiple entry non-o visa in Savannakhet with no financial proof. The visa allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year from the date of issue.

• Like 1

Thank you All so much.

I shall go to the Thai Consulate in Savannakhet and apply for the Non O multi entry next Thursday  and shall receive on Friday so as not to overstay as mine currently expires on Saturday.

Taking 5K and:

1. passport, entry card - original and copies.

2. photos,

3.Wifes ID signed copy,

4.wedding cert original and copies

5.house book and copy. 

As i will drive from BKK on Wednesday, are the Thai Consulate opening times the same as Vientaine...08:00 until 1pm then pick up at 1pm next day?

Does my wife need to be present also?

Finally, i imagine it will be very crowded at the border so getting a Laos entry visa in BKK is better & cheaper than at the border?

Many, many thanks again.

James.d

Thank you All so much.

I shall go to the Thai Consulate in Savannakhet and apply for the Non O multi entry next Thursday  and shall receive on Friday so as not to overstay as mine currently expires on Saturday.
Taking 5K and:
2. photos,
3.Wifes ID signed copy,
5.house book and copy. 

As i will drive from BKK on Wednesday, are the Thai Consulate opening times the same as Vientaine...08:00 until 1pm then pick up at 1pm next day?
Finally, i imagine it will be very crowded at the border so getting a Laos entry visa in BKK is better & cheaper than at the border?

Many, many thanks again.

James.d

sawannakhet opening 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM in the morning, 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM in the afternoon.

Copy of the marriage certificate must be front/back on the same sheet, signed front and back by both of you.

visa on arrival is 35 USD or 1500 THB, I changed THB to USD in a local exchange in my island get the 35 USD for 1215 THB.

Inviato dal mio i-mobile IQ X Slim 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, james.d said:

2. photos,

3.Wifes ID signed copy,

5.house book and copy. 

1. Only a copy of your passport photo page will bee needed.

2. Two 3.5X4.5 cm photos for the visa application.

The open at 08:30 and accept applications until 11 am. Pickup the next afternoon at 1:30 PM.

Not sure it would be cheaper to get the visa at Lao embassy in Bangkok. I think the fees is the same. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

1. Only a copy of your passport photo page will bee needed.

2. Two 3.5X4.5 cm photos for the visa application.

The open at 08:30 and accept applications until 11 am. Pickup the next afternoon at 1:30 PM.

Not sure it would be cheaper to get the visa at Lao embassy in Bangkok. I think the fees is the same. 

Thanks Joe,

And is the wife required to be present?