Non Imm O visa Based on Marriage at Savanakhet

Hi All,

I will be travelling to Savanakhet next month to renew my 1 year multi entry Non Imm O visa Based on Marriage.

Are there any changes from last year? I have checked various forums and found that some people where taking along Kor Ror 2 along as well as a Tabien Baan?

Last year I did not need these. If anybody could confirm exact requirements I would really appreciate it

Last year I took:

Passport and passport copy

2 X photographs

original and copy of marriage certificate (both sides)

Copy of wife ID card and passport (signed)

5000 THB for Multi Entry Visa

I did the same on February.

House book original and copy signed by wife.

Wifes ID card. Copy and signed.

Marraige cert original. Copy and signed.

2 PP photos.

5K baht.

No hassle at all. Quick and efficient.

Non O application complete.

I recently went to Vientiane to renew mine. I took everything I needed as per their website and then found out that Multiple entry Non Imm O visas are apparently no longer issued outside of Thailand. That was straight out the mouth of the lady at the desk in the Consulate. I ended up paying 2000 baht for a single entry.

I've since made enquires and "apparently" the issue of multiple entry visas has been stopped. What I was advised to do was, get a multiple entry permit issued from immigration valid until the expiry date of the single entry visa. Then once I get close to the three month expiry date, apply for a 12 month multiple entry extension to the single entry visa.

For the last 6 years I have had no issues getting multiple entry non imm o visa based on marriage this is the first time I have been told they no longer issue them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, soon2bexpat said:

I recently went to Vientiane to renew mine. I took everything I needed as per their website and then found out that Multiple entry Non Imm O visas are apparently no longer issued outside of Thailand. That was straight out the mouth of the lady at the desk in the Consulate. I ended up paying 2000 baht for a single entry.

I've since made enquires and "apparently" the issue of multiple entry visas has been stopped. What I was advised to do was, get a multiple entry permit issued from immigration valid until the expiry date of the single entry visa. Then once I get close to the three month expiry date, apply for a 12 month multiple entry extension to the single entry visa.

For the last 6 years I have had no issues getting multiple entry non imm o visa based on marriage this is the first time I have been told they no longer issue them.

It's written in every single post on this forum that only Savanakhet is the place to go. Maybe you didn't have internet before today ?

Amazing people :-)

Edited by abab

35 minutes ago, patrick1968 said:

just came back last night same only got sigle o in savanakhet there is no multiple enter 

So how come another poster had his application for a multiple entry non-imm 'O' accepted today?

So how come another poster had his application for a multiple entry non-imm 'O' accepted today?

As with most of the threads on TV there is no consistency with any of the dealings with authorities here
My application in Penang was refused 3 months ago and only a single entry given although ALL paperwork was in order
Even the old guy at the gate said "yes new boy behind the desk wont give visa"
That was off the back off TV information "correct at the time" and still I see postings that others appear to have no issues

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, patrick1968 said:

just came back last night same only got sigle o in savanakhet there is no multiple enter 

Were you applying based on marriage to a thai ?

• Like 2

Sounds good. Thanks baneko

I forgot a copy of your own passport signed also required.

The nightmarket OK for something to do in the evening. Lins Cafe at the top end of the night market and they have a place in the middle open until 2330 with a band. Relaxed friendly atmosphere.

So for the ones that still have doubts, I just came back from Sawannakhet, got my multiple entry non immigrant -O- based on marriage with a Thai with absolutely no harassments, I can say smooth as silk.

As always I've shown:

- Original marriage certificate กร3 the guy took a quick look at it and held the copy front/back signed by my wife and me on both sides.
- Copy of my passport including Laos visa, stamp and departure card signed by me,
- Copy of the ID card of my wife signed by her
- Copy of the Tablian Baan of my wife signed by her,
- Application Form properly filled up with two pictures (I wrote next to non immigran 'multiple entry')

Delivered the passport and all the documents the morning of the 8th of May, get back the passport on the 9th with the visa on it. No drama at the border.

I didn't took my wife in Sawannakhet or we will be not married any more right now, I wasn't dressing anything fancy, actually I was really casual with T-Shirt, flip flops and trusses that were covering my knees. I paid 5.000 ฿ Fee for the visa.

Cheers.

• Like 1

On May 3, 2017 at 0:45 PM, patrick1968 said:

Maybe you weren't in Sawannakhet or maybe you didn't fill up the form the proper way.

Hi all, my non-o based on marriage is due as well and I have to travel to Savannakhet sometime next week. Would anyone recommend flying directly (BKK-ZVK)? Their timetable is everything but optimal for this kind of trip (plane arriving late, leaving early). I'm based in Bang Lamung and I'd like to 'in-out-done' in the shortest time possible. If anyone has any insights on this I'd appreciate any tips. Thanks!

32 minutes ago, Toxane said:

Hi all, my non-o based on marriage is due as well and I have to travel to Savannakhet sometime next week. Would anyone recommend flying directly (BKK-ZVK)? Their timetable is everything but optimal for this kind of trip (plane arriving late, leaving early). I'm based in Bang Lamung and I'd like to 'in-out-done' in the shortest time possible. If anyone has any insights on this I'd appreciate any tips. Thanks!

The flights to Savannakhet are not good since your arrive to late to apply on the same day and the departure is to early to pick up your passport which means a 4 night stay.

A good option it the fly/ride service to Mukdahan from Don Mueang. Nok Air has the most choices since they do it via 3 airports. http://nokair.com/content/en/destinations/fly-n-ride/Ubon-Ratchathani-mukdahan.aspx

Air Asia has a fly/ride service to Mukdahan via Nakhon Phanom.

Air Asia also has a flight to here in Ubon Ratchathani from Utapao. You could get a bus or van from here to Mukdahan.

Whatever route you choose to Mukdahan be aware the Lao visa on arrival office officially closes at 6 pm so best to get to the bridge before then or stay overnight in Mukdahan and take the first bus to Savannakhet the next morning.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, MekkOne said:

No the one with flip flops and Chang shirt get his multiple entry visa with no problem.

That was me singing "We gotta get out of this place".......They said EEER, TAKE IT, TAKE IT...:giggle:........................:laugh:

Always makes my smile when the dress code question pops in to getting a visa or extension or anything to do with Immigration. Unless you go naked or in underpants only nobody is going to batt an eyelid. Shorts and shirt and flip flops is absoulutley fine. Been doing muxtures of non o's and Extensions if non o based on marriage  and 60 day extensions and getting work permits for years. I have never and never will worn/wea long trousers sox and shoes to go to a consulate (within a warm climate of course) immigration office/dept of work/amphoe. Within minutes of putting on the trousers and sox and shoes they would be completley soaked in sweat which in my eyes is a dam sute worse than shorts and flip flops. Now if your comfortable wearing dress uniform then fine your choice but dont try to belittle or ridicule others who are not. Yes i know some immigration offices have signs up re dress code i for one look at it and laugh whilst standing in shorts and flip flops. Never been turned away never been refused visa/extension/wp.