Using a credit card at 7/11?

Hal65

Normally they do not seem to be allowed but I saw a sign in Thai showing off Visa and 500. Not being able to read it I was wondering if it said "VISA accepted for purchases over 500 baht." Does anyone know?

An enthusiastic member report:

300 Baht minimum he writes. VISA only.

So now 300 or 500?

I haven't seen the sign, so can't tell.

Enthusiasm of TV members about CC use at a grocery store is limited.

56 minutes ago, Halfaboy said:

They mean debit cards with a Visa logo. If the card has a Union Pay logo they do not accept it. If it has two logo's preference is given to Visa and you will be charged by them.

Union pay is bkk bank only very very few places accept them. 7-11 no problem with bkk bank visa over 300bht. Use it alot in 7- 11 on trips in car.

Edited by jeab1980

9 minutes ago, Hal65 said:

Maybe it was 300, I don't remember. Guess I can't use my US credit card then (since it's credit)

If i remember correctly i have used a UK credit card at 7-11. Seem to remember leaving the debit card at home and gave them visa credit card no.problem

Just few days ago tried to pay for flight tickets... But nobody in the whole 7-11 didn't know how to do it!!!!

First they said I can't pay by card - of course, the standard answer by lazy and incapable staff. Pointed to the five VISA signs I saw... long story short, had to pay in cash anyway