Computer law ‘may make Facebook act’

rooster59

11 minutes ago, kotsak said:

Deadline is today @ 10:00am. Let's see how it unfolds.. :partytime2:

There's also a new twist to the story.

How many Thais use FB? How many are literally addicted to it. It's a real thing. These tech companies have algorithms and patterns to keep people reeled in. It's quite disturbing. 

Very interesting indeed. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/14/2017 at 11:29 AM, MorristheRunt said:

Let them block facebook, twatter or whatever, then the people will take to the streets in minutes and bring these idiots to their knees.

But how will they even know to take to the streets, never mind where to gather...

3 minutes ago, Toshiba66 said:

20 million Thais use Facebook. I doubt it will be shut down. So many opinions against Facebook on here. Its not compulsory to join you know. Live and let live.

Absolutely. I hate FB as much as the next man, but I have zero right to tell other people not to use it or how to live their lives. You wanna stare at a screen all day then go nuts. It's none on my business. 

On 2017-5-13 at 10:53 AM, RigPig said:

You do realise that using a VPN in Thailand is illegal? 

No it is not illegal, there are a lot of companies operating in Thailand that use VPN as a means to give their employees secure access to files on a server etc. perfectly legally.

As stated by others, it would only be illegal if it was used to mask the browsing of illegal material / sites, which of course would include Facebook if they were stupid enough to ban this and make it illegal!