Teenager hangs himself with electrical cord "because girlfriend wouldn't let him play with her iPhone"

webfact

2 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

at least he and his "Girlfriend" didn't get to reproduce, I think we can all breathe a sigh of relief.

Think you can only be sure of that  in around 9 months time. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :jap:

Edited by stanleycoin

20 hours ago, kokopelli said:

Many young men and boys commit suicide over issues that may seem trivial to adults but are overwhelming to them. Most likely because their brains/thinking processes are not fully developed.

Have the decency to refrain from making a tragedy into a joke or laughing matter.

I certainly do not think its a joke, nor do i think its a laughing matter. What was that boy thinking when he did it? Your remark about thinking processes not being developed, i can agree with. To off ones self at that age is the action of a non thinking brain. He certainly wasn't thinking about the shock, grief and heart ache that he would cause his parents and loved ones.He was trying to make her suffer shock and heartbreak over his rash action. The girl , at 13 will be unable to assess the situation fully. But i still say that she shouldn't feel guilt.But in a cack handed way, to her, at her age she will shocked at first, but sadly to say, that as she grows into womanhood and early twenties, she will she will tell the tale of how a boyfriend commited suicide over her. You know the way Thais think. What is a heartbreak now, will be a story for the future.And when she tells the tale, all her fascinated, astounded friends will say, "he must have really loved you"

A tragedy, that will some day be a story for her grand children.

21 hours ago, kokopelli said:

Many young men and boys commit suicide over issues that may seem trivial to adults but are overwhelming to them. Most likely because their brains/thinking processes are not fully developed.

Have the decency to refrain from making a tragedy into a joke or laughing matter.

The majority survive, the ones with more than 5 brain cells

I knew four teenage boys all from the same small town who committed suicide thus am sensitive to this issue. One had an argument with his parents at the dinner table, got up, went into the bathroom and hanged himself with something like a shoelace. I knew him, his brother and parents and all were good people. Suicide in youths is very sad, yet not uncommon.

5 minutes ago, kokopelli said:

I knew four teenage boys all from the same small town who committed suicide thus am sensitive to this issue. One had an argument with his parents at the dinner table, got up, went into the bathroom and hanged himself with something like a shoelace. I knew him, his brother and parents and all were good people. Suicide in youths is very sad, yet not uncommon.

One will never, fully understand the teenage mind that prefers death over life. i often wonder if they think that they will come back tomorrow, due to the Buddhist, reincarnation belief. To actually kill ones self you have to understand, that, thats it, finished, end of story. Here one minute and gone to oblivion the next. I have always loved life. The sad thing is, that the suicidee will not be around to see the grief he/she has caused. That is plain selfish. But then we are in a country of selfish people.

I read in a post on TVisa somewhere that the young Thais were 5 years more immature than western kids.

42 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

The majority survive, the ones with more than 5 brain cells

This is all to do with education and national  beliefs. 'Thainess'!! How often have we heard that?

My wife is always on about 'sending people to the moon'. This life after death stuff is a real killer.

Personally I'm more upset with the Thai rubbish issue. 

On 5/16/2017 at 11:58 AM, Just1Voice said:

Another case of Thai Male Maturity showing itself. 

An 18yo Thai male is FAR from mature.........

Can be compared with a 14/15 yo Western male and in many cases those are far more mature. 

19 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

I certainly do not think its a joke, nor do i think its a laughing matter. What was that boy thinking when he did it? Your remark about thinking processes not being developed, i can agree with. To off ones self at that age is the action of a non thinking brain. He certainly wasn't thinking about the shock, grief and heart ache that he would cause his parents and loved ones.He was trying to make her suffer shock and heartbreak over his rash action. The girl , at 13 will be unable to assess the situation fully. But i still say that she shouldn't feel guilt.But in a cack handed way, to her, at her age she will shocked at first, but sadly to say, that as she grows into womanhood and early twenties, she will she will tell the tale of how a boyfriend commited suicide over her. You know the way Thais think. What is a heartbreak now, will be a story for the future.And when she tells the tale, all her fascinated, astounded friends will say, "he must have really loved you"

A tragedy, that will some day be a story for her grand children.

When one is depressed, one does not think about other people. Only one that has been there can know what it is like.

To reach a point where death is the preferred option takes a lot of depression.

The saddest story I ever read was about a Thai man that hung himself and his young son because he couldn't see any way for them to survive their circumstances.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

When one is depressed, one does not think about other people. Only one that has been there can know what it is like.

To reach a point where death is the preferred option takes a lot of depression.

The saddest story I ever read was about a Thai man that hung himself and his young son because he couldn't see any way for them to survive their circumstances.

Depression, like many other mental problems, is a very misunderstood state of mind. In the past, sufferers have been told 'pull yourself together, a good kick up the @rse, is what you need". I had a girlfriend, many years ago, who was a depressive, i never understood it. Her words to me were, "just because you have walked into my life, it doesn't mean that i'm cured"In the last 2 years of our relationship, she cut her wrists twice and stabbed me with a 4 inch kitchen Devil, my 8 year old daughter was in the room at the time.Needless to say we soon separated. Her depression was due to sexual abuse and neglect as a kid. I last heard that she was working, as a flight assistant for XL airways.She couls turn on a sixpence, but she was a beautiful, good hearted girl. I hated to split with her, but it had to be done.She was 35.

This boy was 18, what sort of shit had he had to go through to see death as preferable to life. I think the telephone thing was the final straw for him.

On 5/17/2017 at 8:39 AM, soalbundy said:

It is a two edged sword. My 9 year old son loves his iphone and my computer above all but he still has a sense of reality and he has accumulated a vast store of general knowledge. He is the only one in his class who has access to a computer and according to his teacher is extremely open minded compared to his peers. 

Interesting, he is obviously an exception to a general rule though., just what you tell me shows that.

My son was great at sport and had lots of interests at 9, but the teenage years saw a big change. He was a teenger when all the social network nonsense took hold.

He is a well balanced lad now in his 20s working in the UK. 

I did say it is the more insecure and vulnerable that are at risk.

Where is your son at school, Thailand, US, UK?

5 hours ago, George Feedback said:

Interesting, he is obviously an exception to a general rule though., just what you tell me shows that.

My son was great at sport and had lots of interests at 9, but the teenage years saw a big change. He was a teenger when all the social network nonsense took hold.

He is a well balanced lad now in his 20s working in the UK. 

I did say it is the more insecure and vulnerable that are at risk.

Where is your son at school, Thailand, US, UK?

village school, Isaan Thailand. I know village schools are much maligned on this site but our school came top in regional exams. Many parents would rather pay to send their children to school in the town but are now rethinking their decision.

I don't think iphones negatively affect children' development in general , the weak will suffer but they would suffer due to other influences anyway. The 18 year old who hung himself was obviously immature for his age and not of stable character, the iphone was a catalyst not the reason.

On 5/17/2017 at 8:41 PM, kokopelli said:

It all depends on resilience and character. I remember, a long time ago now, seeing an interview of an old French women who grew up on a French farm before the war, she recounted, laughing, a time where she argued vehemently as a 15 year old with her parents before the evening meal, she told them not to bother serving her a meal as she would hang herself, when called to the dinner table everybody had food on their plate except her, on her plate was a noose.