Consecutive overstays and re-entering

hello I am planning to return to Thailand in 3 weeks, but I was wondering if I would have trouble entering. I have 3 overstays all payed and under 90 days, no warning or questions asked just payed the fine and left. first over stay 2 days, second 30 days, third 60 days. I hold a Canadian Passport.

Will you have a visa for entry or would you be getting a visa exempt entry?

You might be pulled to the side and questioned. You should have at least the equivalent of 20k baht in case and other financial proof to prove you will not be working here. A ticket out of the country would also help (within 30 days for visa exempt).

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Will you have a visa for entry or would you be getting a visa exempt entry?

You might be pulled to the side and questioned. You should have at least the equivalent of 20k baht in case and other financial proof to prove you will not be working here. A ticket out of the country would also help (within 30 days for visa exempt).

Im only staying for 17 days, do you think I should try to get a visa to be on the safe side?

4 minutes ago, gill911 said:

Im only staying for 17 days, do you think I should try to get a visa to be on the safe side?

You should not have a problem getting a visa exempt entry if you have a ticket out within 30 days to show. But be sure you have financial proof for your stay.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You should not have a problem getting a visa exempt entry if you have a ticket out within 30 days to show. But be sure you have financial proof for your stay.

I'll have about 150,000 baht in cash. Thanks for the info

2 hours ago, gill911 said:

Definitely. With that overstay history you'll have a big target on your back, and getting a visa should reduce the chances of questioning or being denied entry.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gill911 said:

Just normal overstay stamps, nothing else.

Well i suspect you will be in for a grilling take it on the chin and smile nicley at them promising never to do it again good luck.

• Like 2

Should not be too much of an issue, as said, bring the proof of funds, an outward ticket and smile and then hope that the IO that is dealing with you doesn't look at the history and draw conclusions, given the 2 days, 30 days and then 60 days, the trend would suggest the next one to be longer!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gill911 said:

Thanks for all the info played the safe card and sent into the visa application today.

Probably a wise move.

With that history most would assume that this time you would also not leave again on time.

Please respect the laws and have your Visa/Extension of Stay in order.

Did you enter and leave Thailand a few times on time in between your overstays are where the Overstays "back to back"?

Good Luck to you.

Even with a Visa the Immigration Officer can still give you a hard time.

16 hours ago, Tom9999 said:

Probably a wise move.

With that history most would assume that this time you would also not leave again on time.

Please respect the laws and have your Visa/Extension of Stay in order.

Did you enter and leave Thailand a few times on time in between your overstays are where the Overstays "back to back"?

Good Luck to you.

Even with a Visa the Immigration Officer can still give you a hard time.

back to back unfortunately but I was doing really good up until then. I've learned my lesson.