BKK BANK LOAN - late fees & penalties

Hi.  I was sure when we signed up they said we had 5 days from the due date to make payments.  I usually fall within this, but sometimes things get in the way.  And for April we were travelling and I didn't get to it till way late.

How bad a damage have I done to myself?  Can someone be kind enough to explain how it works?

Thanks

Really is best to check with your bank direct as these things can vary quite a bit from bank to bank and depending on type of loan, eg housing loan, business loan, consumer loan, car loan, credit card etc.

Bangkok Bank's website is one of the better ones so you would also likely find the info you need on there. Most banks show their interest rates, fees, penalties etc somewhere. Haven't looked on BBL's website, but here's Stan Chart's as an example, where you can simply look down the list, open the .pdfs and look at the info.  In your case you probably want to look at penalties as well as fees.

https://www.sc.com/th/en/help-centre/interest-rates.html

Why don't you just set a direct debit each month to make the payment by the way?

Also watch out for interest on interest. Certain types of credit facilities will charge you penalties/ fees and punitive interest. So if you simply make the payment that was due you could still be in arrears, as there will be the penalties and fees outstanding if any of it is added in any way to your loan balance.

Cheers

Fletch :)