Chiang Mai Lawyer

fanciman

There is a sticky about this sort of thing, but it is a year old, and not many have posted comments on it.

So, does anybody have any recommendations about a thai lawyer who can handle business stuff? Sunset Asia will have good people, but they do not come cheap.

What about local people that are good hearted, confidence inspiring, english speaking straight talkers?

I *can* be a sort of floppy, reverent patsy if needed for getting along with people/having things work out.

But I would prefer to just go in, normal, and say i want a, b, c: can you organize it? What do I need to do? How do i do it?

Yes, I would like to be able to say that, without making the other person lose face or some other complete bs! :o

Rant off. Just had a bad day :D

There is a sticky about this sort of thing, but it is a year old, and not many have posted comments on it.

So, does anybody have any recommendations about a thai lawyer who can handle business stuff? Sunset Asia will have good people, but they do not come cheap.

What about local people that are good hearted, confidence inspiring, english speaking straight talkers?

I *can* be a sort of floppy, reverent patsy if needed for getting along with people/having things work out.

But I would prefer to just go in, normal, and say i want a, b, c: can you organize it? What do I need to do? How do i do it?

Yes, I would like to be able to say that, without making the other person lose face or some other complete bs! :o

"English Speaking, Straight Talking"

That's a big ask. You can't find many lawyers anywhere in the world that are honest.

As of necessity I have used three lawyers here in the realm.

One was competent in english but would sell you out at the drop of a hat.

Another was a sincere guy but his english was not so good.

The other, well, "nuff said"

I've got exactly what you need...!

:o

CM Legal Buisness Office

It's quite a new place, but I went to see them a couple of times and they're incredibly friendly, helpful, they're straight talking, they make you feel like they really know their thing, and they know everything about farang stuff. Plus, they speak fair english, consultation is FREE, no matter how long you need to speak with them, and I think they're pretty cheap, too.

And they sent me a email for Happy New Year...!

Really, I love them and I highly recommand them.

Here's the address :

35 Moon Muang soi 9 (just accross the Blue Diamond Restaurant)

Sriphum, Muang

Chiang Mai 50200

Phone :(66) 841734948 or (66)53222588

Fax : (66)53418298

Email : [email protected]

I agree that you get what you pay for. After dealing with 5 different lawyers on various issues, I will pay the extra money and deal with Khun Krit at Sunbelt. He is top-notch and saves me time by doing things right the first time.

My wife and I have also used Khun Krit (Suktakchan) of SUNBELT BUSINESS ADVISORS ( this is NOT an advert ).

He was switched on. His English was perfect. He answers your requirements. His tel. no. is 053 283 845. His address is 179 Mahidol Road ( opposite Niyom Panich ) close to Central Airport Plaza.

The lawyer that I've been using for many years, in Chiang Mai, and who a number of my friends also use, is a very nice man called Udom Surin.

He helped me start up a Thai company, handled all my legal paperwork, including work permits, tax, registration etc., and he doesn't cost me a fortune.

He is not a criminal lawyer, so if you're in need of that sort of 'brief', then look elsewhere. His wife is an accountant, so they work together on company business.

At the moment, I cannot help you with a contact number, as I am away from home, but if I can find it, I will 'post' it for you later.....?

A second recommendation for Sumalee Jennapa, she has been doing various types of work for me for 2 1/2 years including a company, land transfer, condo codicils, will, visa requirements. Quiet talking, very straight with good english.

well networked within Chiang mai and surrounding areas. her clientele is almost all farang so her understanding of farang thought process is very good.

rates are very reasonable with full accountability.

adress 29 Tanin Rd., Chuang Puak Chiang mai

heading north on the moat road to the intersection by Chiang mai ram hospital, continue straight on through the light for approx 1kilometer. turn left on the second last soi and her office is cream coloured aprox. 50 meters on the left next a building that is under construction.

Can either call the numbe rlisted above or go in person.

her email: [email protected]

Good luck