1 Year Extension based on Thai Child Bangkok

So many searches, so many dead ends and conflicting information so I apologize in advance for starting a new thread. 

I've got multiple entry non-O visa based on having a Thai kid. I want to get a 1 year (NOT 60 days) extension on the same basis. 

1. I've legitimized my parental rights at court.  

2. I have the 400k in a couple of Thai banks. 

3. I have the rental contract for my condo together with copies of the owner's house book and ID card. 

4. I have the birth certificate and copies of the house book where my daughter is registered in Bangkok. 

5. I have photos of the condo building's exterior, me the sprog and her mother next to the numbers on the front door, all of us on the sofa together and a hand drawn map showing the condo location relative to the main Sukhumvit road. 

Can someone tell me if there's anything missing off this list? I read some posts saying one needed 500k and others saying the money had to be seasoned. 

1. Have you completed the process at an Amphoe yet. Immigration will want their form for legitimization.

You child and their mother will need to be with you, They will likely want a copy of her house book registry and ID card.

It appears you have everything you need other than what I mentioned.

The 500k baht number is for a different type of extension. The 400k baht does not have to be in the bank for 2 months.

1 hour ago, Thai Ron said:

I have the 400k in a couple of Thai banks. 

That might be accepted, but you might need the full 400K in one account.

The money could be deposited the day you apply. No "seasoning" required.

32 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

1. Have you completed the process at an Amphoe yet. Immigration will want their form for legitimization.

You child and their mother will need to be with you, They will likely want a copy of her house book registry and ID card.

It appears you have everything you need other than what I mentioned.

The 500k baht number is for a different type of extension. The 400k baht does not have to be in the bank for 2 months.

Hi Ubonjoe, 

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "completed the process at the amphur."  Could you elaborate? 

I went to court and have the documents which I used a little over a year ago when I applied for a 60 day extension to a single entry non-O without incident. 

22 minutes ago, Thai Ron said:

'm not quite sure what you mean by "completed the process at the amphur."  Could you elaborate? 

I went to court and have the documents which I used a little over a year ago when I applied for a 60 day extension to a single entry non-O without incident. 

The court order grants legitimization but it still has to be registered at an Amphoe. They will issue a Khor Por X (I can't recall the number) form.

Legitimization is not required to get the 60 day extension. It is only required for the one year extension.

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The court order grants legitimization but it still has to be registered at an Amphoe. They will issue a Khor Por X (I can't recall the number) form.

Legitimization is not required to get the 60 day extension. It is only required for the one year extension.

I recall going all the way to Rayong for some reason with all the court documents so I assume that was to get it all registered. 

That said I haven't seen any "form"! Better ask the mother. 

6 hours ago, Thai Ron said:

I recall going all the way to Rayong for some reason with all the court documents so I assume that was to get it all registered. 

That said I haven't seen any "form"! Better ask the mother. 

Both parents must consent that the Father is the legitimate Father and the local authorities (Amphur or Khet ) will normally require the child to be old enough to understand and accept this situation.

In Thailand, each registration office is different and they often do not apply the same rules. However, they will normally legalize the Father ONLY when the child is over 7 years-old, able to sign his name, able to consent, and all parties will have to give their consent to the local registration office.

If the child is younger and there is an attempt to register the Father's rights at the Amphur, the applicant is often told to get a judgment from the Court before it will be possible to legalize the rights of a Father. After a Court decision is rendered and, if it is positive, becomes enforceable (after 30 days), it is then possible to use the judgment to legally register the parent’s rights at the Amphur.

http://thailawonline.com/en/family/children/custody-of-a-child-thailand.html

Immigration will want the Khor Ror 11 obtained from the Amphur for an extension based on a Thai child.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brunolem said:

Thai Ron, where did you get the multiple non-O based on having a Thai kid?

By multiple, I suppose that you mean valid 1 year.

I thought that was not possible if not married to a Thai woman.

Penang

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brunolem said:

Thai Ron, where did you get the multiple non-O based on having a Thai kid?

By multiple, I suppose that you mean valid 1 year.

I thought that was not possible if not married to a Thai woman.

Multiple entry visas are valid for 1 year. It is possible to get one as a parent, but not from every Embassy/Consulate.

5 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Both parents must consent that the Father is the legitimate Father and the local authorities (Amphur or Khet ) will normally require the child to be old enough to understand and accept this situation.

In Thailand, each registration office is different and they often do not apply the same rules. However, they will normally legalize the Father ONLY when the child is over 7 years-old, able to sign his name, able to consent, and all parties will have to give their consent to the local registration office.

If the child is younger and there is an attempt to register the Father's rights at the Amphur, the applicant is often told to get a judgment from the Court before it will be possible to legalize the rights of a Father. After a Court decision is rendered and, if it is positive, becomes enforceable (after 30 days), it is then possible to use the judgment to legally register the parent’s rights at the Amphur.

http://thailawonline.com/en/family/children/custody-of-a-child-thailand.html

Immigration will want the Khor Ror 11 obtained from the Amphur for an extension based on a Thai child.

the kid doesn´t have to accept the situation, what story is this? 

You are the father when you are on the birth certificate as a father, custody is something else but if the kid is 3 years old and the mother agrees, then the father will get custody. Who will go against this?

I think you've misunderstood the OP's situation.

The OP wasn't married. The child was born out of wedlock.

Under Thai law he has no parental rights, even if his name is on the Birth Certificate.

To be legally recognised as the Father he needs to go through the legalisation process.