ToT Internet

Gonzo the Face

7 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Mines OK, but its been very rainy,that could be the problem,

regards worgeordie

Don't think so.  Been very clear and no rain since before 6 this morn  and the net is blinking on and off as late as the past half hour.

UPDATE   make that right now   .... net went out just as I tried to post this

Don't think so.  Been very clear and no rain since before 6 this morn  and the net is blinking on and off as late as the past half hour.

UPDATE   make that right now   .... net went out just as I tried to post this

Rain someplace else couldn't be the problem? Mine is fine but not in town.

I live outside town - no cut-offs but the service over the past few weeks has been the slowest ever, over a minute to load a page plus other problems.  Had it checked out early this week - my IT guys says it's not my machine. Think it's time for a change....

1 hour ago, Gonzo the Face said:

Internet 

Off  12:04

On   12:10

Off   12:24

On    12:28

Call ToT Internet 12:29

Will tell technician  =  's  hold my breath

Off   12:43

On    12:47

Off     1:02

On      1:06

Off     1:20

On     1:23

Off     1:36

On     1:41

1:43    I called for info from another provider

Internet breaks continued yesterday til evening...... good all night and again this morning  from 6AM when I got online til just a few minutes ago and we got a break....... Sounds like someone playing at fixing and not knowing how to do it.  Calling ToT gets a " will have a technician call you "   guess what ....still no call

17 hours ago, Gonzo the Face said:

What about cost for each ?    & I can't tell???  is one supposed to be AIS and the other ToT??

Cost not comparable as my AIS is a package with modem and booster and TV playbox with programming. My TOT is just internet service.

One would have to contact each provider and get price for what they require. 

I am just pointing out speed, top is TOT and AIS is bottom which is 12x faster

If one want to stream price isn't really relative as one cannot compare two products that don't do the same thing.

31 minutes ago, Gonzo the Face said:

Internet breaks continued yesterday til evening...... good all night and again this morning  from 6AM when I got online til just a few minutes ago and we got a break....... Sounds like someone playing at fixing and not knowing how to do it.  Calling ToT gets a " will have a technician call you "   guess what ....still no call

They do not call you if they have a large known problem, which is probably the current situation. (Like what are they going to do, tell you, and 50,000 other people, they are trying to fix it which should be obvious?)  They do call you when things look good on their end and so then they will check yours out.  Just my TOT experience over many years.

If this shit was so easy why have Delta Airlines, United Airlines, Walmart, Target, Amazon, NSA and a lot of others had their networks go down?  Yeh, they have "someone playing at fixing and not knowing how to do it" too. Much the same all over, just we seem to remember a more idealistic reality which is imaginary. Live in Norway?