Fortune-teller sleeping on footpath run over and killed 

webfact

Fortune-teller sleeping on footpath run over and killed 

By The Nation

PRAE: -- A fortune-teller dozing in his usual spot on the sidewalk in front of a Phrae market was run over and killed early Friday morning by a pickup truck whose driver had lost control.

Prasit Thungkao, 65, died soon after rescuers hoisted the truck to free him from under a wheel. 

Sirilak Punjai, 25, told police she’d been returning home from work when she lost control of her pickup after swerving to avoid another vehicle on a curve in the road outside the market in Mueang district. Police said the truck mounted the curb and struck the sleeping man at about 12.30am before coming to rest against a power pole.

Sirilak and her passenger, Panas Ruankham, 24, were taken to Prae Hospital with unspecified injuries.

Vendors at the market said Prasit was a popular figure there and typically slept on the footpath while waiting to tell the fortunes of regular customers and passers-by.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30315665

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-05-19

Any death like this is a tragedy. RIP the victim.

However, I'm always amazed how Thai people go to get life advice from people whose 'office' is a plastic chair in the street. I mean come on.

Edited by dcpo

6 hours ago, mallyrd said:

Another p-ss artist

You seem to have issues went faced with the irony of someone who has perfected conning others for a living being mowed down by his inability to predict his own ending. This person is nothing more than a con, a fraud and a thief praying on the vulnerable, superstitious and naive.

His death is no loss to society even though you may have lost your life guiding advisor.

11 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

Could this affect his after life.??

You must know something I and millions of others did not know, please tell us more as after life does not exist where we come from so hoping you can give us hope

UM

2 hours ago, Reigntax said:

You seem to have issues went faced with the irony of someone who has perfected conning others for a living being mowed down by his inability to predict his own ending. This person is nothing more than a con, a fraud and a thief praying on the vulnerable, superstitious and naive.

His death is no loss to society even though you may have lost your life guiding advisor.

He was a guy sleeping rough on the streets who probably made 50-100 baht a day making people happy being told what they wanted to hear.

You make it sound like he some sort of religious nutter making millions out of other people suffering.

His death my be no loss to society, neither will yours. But hey ho life goes on.

1 hour ago, berybert said:

He was a guy sleeping rough on the streets who probably made 50-100 baht a day making people happy being told what they wanted to hear.

You make it sound like he some sort of religious nutter making millions out of other people suffering.

His death my be no loss to society, neither will yours. But hey ho life goes on.

If telling people what they want to hear, although more than likely completely wrong and just an ignorant fabrication is what makes like minded happy, I  predict you will one day become intelligent. Although it may take some time and of course, will be a subjective opinion based on those making the judgement.

12 minutes ago, Reigntax said:

If telling people what they want to hear, although more than likely completely wrong and just an ignorant fabrication is what makes like minded happy, I  predict you will one day become intelligent. Although it may take some time and of course, will be a subjective opinion based on those making the judgement.

Well I am glad you are not one to make judgement. You are happy a man who sleeps on the streets has lost his life.

I hope never to become as intelligent as you.

I'd guess you might well be a banker or an insurance broker.

Edited by berybert

1 hour ago, berybert said:

Well I am glad you are not one to make judgement. You are happy a man who sleeps on the streets has lost his life.

I hope never to become as intelligent as you.

I'd guess you might well be a banker or an insurance broker.

Another uneducated and uninformed comment. One day you may surprise us. Maybe not!

11 minutes ago, Reigntax said:

Another uneducated and uninformed comment. One day you may surprise us. Maybe not!

I doubt you could be surprised. You just put 'un' before words and think it makes you look smart.

Well its amazing how wrong you are.

You are the uneducated one. You are happy a man has died, that is a man who has done no wrong to anyone, why don't you go buy the guy/girl who killed him a pint. How proud your folks must be.

9 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

You must know something I and millions of others did not know, please tell us more as after life does not exist where we come from so hoping you can give us hope

UM

Here I try and get a laugh out of you and fail. Oh well next time.