Young primary teacher shot as she goes home at Chainat school

webfact

Young primary teacher shot as she goes home at Chainat school

3pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

CHAINAT: -- A 25 year old primary school teacher was shot twice in the back of the head as she walked out of a Chainat school on her way home.

She survived and is now in a critical condition in a local hospital, reported Daily News.

The shooter - a former football coach in Koh Samui - turned the gun on himself and died instantly.

The incident happened at the Phrayatak School in Ban Kluay sub-district of Chainat yesterday.

Dead at the scene under a coconut palm was 36 year old Phusit Uamthongdee from Nakorn Pathom.

He had shot 25 year old Siraprapha Suwansathit who was on her way home after teaching her P6 primary class.

She was rushed to a local hospital still alive.

A .38 gun was found at the scene.

The teacher only began her job there last year.

A witness called Iang Bunsern, 60, said he saw the man waiting under the trees for the woman. He went up behind her and shot twice before turning the gun on himself.

Police said that the shooter used to coach a Koh Samui football team.

They are unsure of the motive for the shooting but suspect jealousy.

Investigations continue.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-19

Must've missed the brain/brain stem, possibly head flesh wound or into the neck. Horrendous all round. Hope she comes through it.

What is it with these Thai chaps and their little egos? Has Buddhism not taught them anything? Until it can put its obsession with face into context, I really fear for the future of Thailand.

7 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Must've missed the brain/brain stem, possibly head flesh wound or into the neck. Horrendous all round. Hope she comes through it.

What is it with these Thai chaps and their little egos? Has Buddhism not taught them anything? Until it can put its obsession with face into context, I really fear for the future of Thailand.

Buddhism in the land of smiles is the ultimate alternative and mental illness freepass to jail without legal restrictions.....

Edited by MaxLee

7 hours ago, nakhonandy said:

Survived two shots to the head with a 38, how? 

I hope she recovers. 

Unfortunately these incidents seem to be occurring more frequently. 

Soft lead bullets ..maybe?

With smaller caliber bullets and made from softer lead the skull is thick enough to take the impact enough that the bullet does not blast through and destroy enough of the brain ...could be?

There was a case of a hit man in New York that walked up behind his victim and placed a .22 caliber hand gun to the back of the victims head and shot 3 times in the exact same place and ran away while the victim fell unconscious to the ground.

Still alive, the victim was taken to the hospital and released later that same day with a slight bone fracture and a headache.

Turns out the point of the gun barrel was placed on the thick bone part at the back of the skull ( occipital bone ) and the .22 caliber gun used soft lead bullets.

The first bullet flattened out on the thick hard bone and the next 2 bullets piled up on top of the first and second bullets.

Splat, Splat, Splat, with no penetration at all.

Lucky Guy   

The wife and I know this part of the world well and look on it as close to our hearts as this was once the place we may have retired to. So sad to see this event in such a nice place where people are so friendly.

But after my Thai wife read the story, she said "What is my country coming to, I am glad we do not have to go back".

I have to say I second that.

Edited by wakeupplease

That video was awful. But she was alive and doubtful anyone had basic first aid, DRSABCD. If breathing competently, place her in a recovery position but given head wounds, perhaps just monitor breathing, heart, hold her hand and talk to her.

THey just formed a circle, smart phone it and watched/