Foreign-looking man sets himself alight at Iranian Embassy in Bangkok

webfact

Foreign-looking man sets himself alight at Iranian Embassy in Bangkok

07cc5bc41ce00818533cd632d683e3a3.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- A man believed to be a foreigner doused himself in gasoline before setting himself on fire today in front of Iranian Embassy in Bangkok.

Police rushing to scene in Soi Sukhumvit 49 found that the flames had already died out leaving the man injured with burns on his body.

The man was rushed to a nearby hospital.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30315695

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-05-19

NjpUs24nCQKx5e1Bavkz3mOo9VKec9ZGP8CwxWojIjW.jpg

Image: Thairath

Special Branch police probe background of man who set himself on fire

IMG_1499.jpg

Special Branch police are investigating the background of the male foreigner who set himself on fire in front of the Iranian embassy in Bangkok on Friday.

The unidentified man is being hospitalized with serious burns.

Police found a note left in front of the embassy by the man which reads “don’t vote” in English and Arabic. A plastic bottle which was used to contain gasoline and a lighter were found at the scene.

Quoting eyewitnesses, police said that the man stood in front of the Iranian embassy and then shouted in Arabic language before he doused himself with gasoline that he brought with him and set himself alight with a lighter.

Full Story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/special-branch-police-probe-background-man-set-fire/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-5-19

2 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

I expect, most likely, Persian looks and sounds Arabic to a Thai.....

He would look and sound arabic to anyone not from an arab state or iran.

Why is there a need to taint thais in this thread?

Could you tell the difference between a russian and eg a pole or a czech. Maybe a southern irish person from an ulster person?

Ridiculous.

Edited by Fulwell53

7 minutes ago, Fulwell53 said:

He would look and sound arabic to anyone not from an arab state or iran.

Why is there a need to taint thais in this thread?

Could you tell the difference between a russian and eg a pole or a czech. Maybe a southern irish person from an ulster person?

Ridiculous.

For your information, I was not tainting the Thai People, Maybe it was written in the wrong context, Maybe I should have written...To a Thai person Arabic may sound the same as Persian....For which I apologise......sorry if I am not as perfect as your good self.......

Whilst we are on the subject, yes, I spent 22 years in the Middle East, and can tell the difference. I can also tell the difference between North and Southern Ireland.........Russian and Polish are also vastly dissimilar......

P.S. Get A life...

Rant over...

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-5-20 at 2:18 AM, Scott said:

Why would he leave an Arabic note and speak Arabic?   That's not the native language of Iran

Maybe he had no idea how to read & write Persian or maybe he wasn't Iranian.

Edited by bbi1

On 2017-5-20 at 2:35 PM, Fulwell53 said:

Ridiculous.

Absolutely I could! Russian and Polish languages are completely different to each other