Removing Anti Virus and other Thai software

bluesofa

Any idea how I can do this?

A friend has lent me his spare Windows 7 laptop for a couple of weeks while mine is being repaired. He said to do what I want with it, he's not worried.
Firstly I d/l a malware/virus checker which said it removed 59 different problem areas.

I'm now trying to remove Eset NOD32 antivirus, which has been installed entirely in Thai (I want to install Avast). There's also the irritating Baidu Antivirus, Baidu Browser and Baidu PC Faster, all completely in Thai.
If I try to use Control Panel, Install/Remove Programs, as soon as I click on any of these, the dialogue boxes popup in Thai.
I tried an uninstaller/removal tool, but again as it gets going it throws up the Thai dialogue boxes, so I have no idea what's going on.

Is there a reasonably straightforward way to remove all these without having to go to a PC shop?

Is the Windows 7 OS as such in English?

You could try this path to:

"Return your computer to factory condition".

Would be another path to a clean install.

Just google for the term.

Whether it works or not might depend on the manufacturer/model.

Is this your only computer or do you have a second machine that is connected to the internet?

If you do a clean install or factory reset you will need to setup the driver for the network/WiFi adapter to be able to continue by loading drivers and SW from the net.

And of course you need to know how to get/install the application SW that you want to use.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

A clean install is not an option. I know I said I was told I could do what I want with it, however, that was more to use it for what I want.
My friend has software on there he needs to keep as a backup for his work in case his main machine goes down, so I can't reinstall the OS completely or do a factory reset because of that.

I did try CCleaner, which removed the unwanted Baidu programs. I also installed EOD antivirus in English, ran it, then uninstalled it. That successfully removed the Thai version too.

Overall, a good result. Thanks again.

Archived