Do you think Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?

Scott

Do you believe Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?  

511 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 hours ago, hellyes2oo2 said:

Amvet, Trump himself admitted lying under oath, when he was taken to court when he was accused of discriminating about letting properties to people, he said he had never stopped black people from renting property from him, but when confronted with written evidence,i.e. correspondence with his staff, that no black people can rent property. he admitted he may have been wrong in the evidence that he gave in court, and he was fined for making a false statement. they were told to tick a box marked "C" if any coloured people applied for a property, "C" standing for coloured, and they immediately rejected.

It doesn't stop there.  The first thing he did when made president was to evict a black family with two children from their Pennsylvania Avenue home in Washington.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well most voters here think that he WON"T be impeached. I wonder if Putin has anything to do with that vote -  lol

3 or 5 posters continue to try build their hopes up by agreeing with each other and calling the President childish names. 

Edited by MrPatrickThai

1 minute ago, MrPatrickThai said:

Well most voters here think that he WON"T be impeached. 

3 or 5 posters continue to try build their hopes up by agreeing with each other and calling the President childish names. 

The vote stopped 2 months ago at least, maybe 3 months - a LOT has changed.  Most people that don't think he will be impeached think so not because they think Trump innocent, but that the lying, teflon corrupt SOB (Presidentially used term) will wiggle off the hook. If we ran the poll again right now I think we would see a very different result.

3 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

The vote stopped 2 months ago at least, maybe 3 months - a LOT has changed.  Most people that don't think he will be impeached think so not because they think Trump innocent, but that the lying, teflon corrupt SOB (Presidentially used term) will wiggle off the hook. If we ran the poll again right now I think we would see a very different result.

I never realized it was stopped. Why do you think it was? 

How do you know what most people think?

I don't think he will be impeached because he is innocent. 

Edited by MrPatrickThai

13 minutes ago, MrPatrickThai said:

Well most voters here think that he WON"T be impeached. I wonder if Putin has anything to do with that vote -  lol

Do you recall that labeling his opponents with childish names was a key part of Trump's campaign?  We're just paying the Dean of Fake U. homage by doing the same to him.

14 minutes ago, MrPatrickThai said:

It's too early to know whether Trump will be impeached or not.  It will depend on the content of Mueller's report and the strength of the evidence to support it.  If witnesses like Flynn and Manafort flip and testify to incriminating statements from Trump and if the Dems were to take the House in 2018, it is possible that Trump will be impeached.  I consider the first possibility likely and the second unlikely, in which caseTrump will not be impeached.  Even if the Dems were to take the House and all of the Republican Senate seats up for election next year they would fall short of the sixty-six votes necessary to convict and remove from office, unless there are serious Republican defections as there were in Nixon's case.  So, removal from office by impeachment is quite unlikely.

However, if Mueller's presents very strong evidence against Trump for obstruction of justice, money-laundering, or conspiring with a foreign power to violate US election laws, he could be so hamstrung by criticism and loss of support as to become a liability to his party.  This outcome is very possible and, I believe, the best possible outcome, since a Pence presidency would be just turning the office over to the Koch brothers.

21 minutes ago, MrPatrickThai said:

You’re right of course. Name-calling is unbecoming, undignified and childish. 

I promise to to stop saying things like “lyin’ Ted” or “crooked Hillary” or “low-energy Jeb” or “liddle’ Corcker” or “wacky Wilson”

...oh wait, that wasn’t me. 

3 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

You’re right of course. Name-calling is unbecoming, undignified and childish. 

I promise to to stop saying things like “lyin’ Ted” or “crooked Hillary” or “low-energy Jeb” or “liddle’ Corcker” or “wacky Wilson”

...oh wait, that wasn’t me. 

So they are stooping to his level?

4 minutes ago, MrPatrickThai said:

So they are stooping to his level?

We are heavy-drinking retired old farts with nothing better to do while he is an Ivy League graduate billionaire president of the most powerful country the world has ever known. 

When stating tge former, I of course can speak only for myself.  :-)

2 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

We are heavy-drinking retired old farts with nothing better to do while he is an Ivy League graduate billionaire president of the most powerful country the world has ever known. 

When stating tge former, I of course can speak only for myself.  :-)

Some truth there.

He will probably be considered a champion of  champions after 8 years. 

Many countries America helped to become developed countries have to be brought in line as far as trade is concerned. He is out there telling them now they are doing well,start buying American goods and balance the trade. He just sent a message to China about aluminum foil. He will keep doing things like this until trade improves and  Americans get their jobs back.

Most developing countries are only be held back now by corruption. America can do no more for them. So sorry.Time to level the trade field.  Enough is enough.

Edited by lovelomsak

39 minutes ago, MrPatrickThai said:

Some truth there.

Facts are facts.

Another fact: the man holding the most powerful office on the planet is, for all appearances, behaving like a ten year old bully.

If that doesn’t scare you, you’re that guy in the first five minutes of horror movies who goes out with a torch to “check out what that noise was”

Facts are facts.
Another fact: the man holding the most powerful office on the planet is, for all appearances, behaving like a ten year old bully.

If that doesn’t scare you, you’re that guy in the first five minutes of horror movies who goes out with a torch to “check out what that noise was”

5 year old bullies didn’t scare me when I was 5, why would I be scared now?

8 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Well, as of just now, indictments have been issued, most likely Manafort. Looking forward to Trump's, in a few weeks time. Source is CNN.

First charges filed in special counsel Mueller's Russia probe: report

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/357604-first-charges-filed-in-special-counsel-muellers-russia-probe-report

1 hour ago, lovelomsak said:

He will probably be considered a champion of  champions after 8 years. 

Many countries America helped to become developed countries have to be brought in line as far as trade is concerned. He is out there telling them now they are doing well,start buying American goods and balance the trade. He just sent a message to China about aluminum foil. He will keep doing things like this until trade improves and  Americans get their jobs back.

Most developing countries are only be held back now by corruption. America can do no more for them. So sorry.Time to level the trade field.  Enough is enough.

Wake up please. America has lost its steel industry. It has lost the automotive industry, once the biggest in the world.

One only has to drive through the steel districts of Chicago and Pittsburgh, and the environs of Detroit, to realise that. Ghost towns.

It's in the process of losing the plastics and pharmaceutical industries. Most of the electronic goods are made in both Chinas.

You really are dreaming if you think Trump can bring jobs back to Americans. The only way he can do that is by erecting tariff walls, which would only succeed in accelerating the slide.

I can remember a time when Australia was being slugged by American tariffs on cold-rolled steel into the West Coast of America. We could manufacture the stuff and transport it all the way across the Pacific Ocean cheaper than the steel manufacturers in Chicago. That was with no government subsidies, and we could still make a profit. Now vehicle manufacturing in Australia is gone, for the same reason. Labor costs were too high.

The reality is Trump got to power with a slogan that he can't deliver on. The world has moved on.

23 hours ago, amvet said:

Law here and lots of lawyers on Thai Visa.  The oath says " will to the best of his ability"  Trump has been described in this thread and almost every thread on Thai Visa as having little or no ability to do anything.  Ergo he is doing great given his level of ability.  Gotcha there eh?

The first 5 economic examples might be valid if they marked a reversal of a trend and if Trump and the Congress had enacted any serious economic legislation.

As for enactinig more legislation, who cares how many bills he has signed? It's their significance that matters:

"For example, three bills appoint individuals to the Smithsonian Institution board, two name buildings, and one designates a location for a National Desert Storm and Desert Shield Memorial."

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/apr/27/sean-spicer/trump-has-signed-more-bills-100-days-any-president/

He hasn't accomplished anything on Nafta yet. And God help American workers if he decides to cancel it which seems to be the way he's heading.

Claims like he has restored integrity and accountability to the VA office are just nonsense. Reform of the VA began before he took office.

As for the so called tax code "reforms", so far as can be seen, so far they seem mainly designed to funnel even more wealth to the wealthiest .1 percent.

12 minutes ago, bazza73 said:

Wow, a believer in statistics produced by the US government. Do you believe in the tooth fairy too?

I'm assuming you believed the statistics under Obama.  How fast do you think they can change statisticians and statistical methodology? Oh, and do you think the government computes the Dow Jones?

10 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

The first 5 economic examples might be valid if they marked a reversal of a trend and if Trump and the Congress had enacted any serious economic legislation.

As for enactinig more legislation, who cares how many bills he has signed? It's their significance that matters:

"For example, three bills appoint individuals to the Smithsonian Institution board, two name buildings, and one designates a location for a National Desert Storm and Desert Shield Memorial."

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/apr/27/sean-spicer/trump-has-signed-more-bills-100-days-any-president/

He hasn't accomplished anything on Nafta yet. And God help American workers if he decides to cancel it which seems to be the way he's heading.

Claims like he has restored integrity and accountability to the VA office are just nonsense. Reform of the VA began before he took office.

As for the so called tax code "reforms", so far as can be seen, so far they seem mainly designed to funnel even more wealth to the wealthiest .1 percent.

Nafta negotiations are in their 7th week. 

10 minutes ago, amvet said:

I'm assuming you believed the statistics under Obama.  How fast do you think they can change statisticians and statistical methodology? Oh, and do you think the government computes the Dow Jones?

Well, I gave up believing in Government statistics a long time ago. It depends on the underlying assumptions and criteria.

For example, the employment statistics in Australia count one hour of employment per month as a job statistic. If you believe the US government would not do that, I have a bridge in Sydney Harbor I'd like to sell you.

1 hour ago, SurfRider said:

Some people actually appreciate achievements and results . . .

1) Since the President was inaugurated, the economy has added over one million private sector jobs.

2) Consumer confidence has risen to the highest level in 13 years.

3) Manufacturing hit a 20-year high.

4) The Dow Jones Industrial Average hit 52 record highs since the election and topped 23,000 for the first time in history, adding $5.3 Trillion in Market Capitalization.

5) Unemployment claims are the lowest in 44 years (since 1973)

6) He has enacted more legislation (signed more than 50 bills into law) to date than any chief executive in half a century.

7) He has made good on his vow to protect American workers by renegotiating NAFTA

8) He has restored integrity and accountability to the veterans administration, cutting wait time and expanding support for vets.

9) The President has put forward a framework for much-needed and long-overdue reform of the tax code.

There's much more, but no amount of factual information would be enough to satisfy the Destroy-Trumpers.

Your first five items show that the Obama recovery continues, Trump has no significant legislative achievements (name one), NAFTA renegotiations are in the very early stages and carry a lot of risks for US manufacturers and farmers, and his tax framework is a simplistic wishlist that will lead, if anywhere, to a massive increase in the deficit.

You may be right about the VA, I haven't looked into it.