Floods expected?

iainiain101

Last night the north side of Mahidol Road was sandbagged by the authorities. Not sure if that is to keep a flood in or out!

But for the water to get that high it would need a rain fall of biblical proportions, or the river to flood. Checking the Hydro website, there are very few updates, and no indication of a large body of water coming down stream.

Anyone know whats going on?

http://hydro-1.net/

DSCN4321.JPG

1 hour ago, iainiain101 said:

Just occurred to me that it is probably sand bags to protect a water pipe that is pumping water from flooded area into the Ping.

Good thinking, just a bit late.

That was used to take the water from the low area around Chang Klan

Which was flooded yesterday

As they had to pump a lot of water as the smaller pump further up from the local market could not cope

I rode past this morning because i live locally and see all these area

As they were pumping from the waterway that comes down from the north  area

So do not Panic at this stage

We are in the period of occasional rains called the "mango rains;" imho, the recent downpour was heavy for this time frame, historically. Typically, the "real" floods are in August to September.

But, given the dances of El's Nino and Nina, of coronal ejections, and global-your-pick-of-warm/cold-ing, ice-shelf-calving, volcanic burping, etc., who knows ?

If you can predict the amount of rain in the coming months, please raise my hand, now ... I'll give your psychic powers a very deep wai.

cheers, ~o:37;