Dentist in Ubon or Sisaket

Brunolem

Does anyone know a good and affordable dentist either in Ubon or Sisaket?

My request is for standard work, nothing fancy...yet I'd rather visit a dentist that checks and ask questions before pulling teeth out, rather than the opposite.

I'd also rather avoid a dentist who, after a couple of minutes, is going to tell me that I need to pay 5,000 baht for a root canal...they love root canal in this country...

Thanks for your tips...

Was going to say why not google "ubon ratchathani dentist thaivisa.com as you might reasonably expect there to have been threads on such a subject. And indeed to my recollection there have been at least two within the last 3 years.

But then I just tried that route and they are not showing up on search - there are some older ones and ones at a slight tangent that might be worth a quick glance thru'.

So, hopefully the Ubon members will respond again refreshing their recommendations.

I went twice to the dentist at Ubonrak hospital. First time in late 2013.  He did X-Rays and had a poke around. I thought I needed fillings in an area that was giving me pain.  He said no - I think the pain is from your gums, you are not flossing your teeth enough; go away and do that and see if the pain abates. He charged 300 baht. It worked for a while but then came back so I went back to UbonRak in Aug 2014. He had a poke around and said he was still unconvinced I needed any structural work. He recommended that I get a full teeth clean job then he would take another look - said he could book me in with the hospital dental cleaner, but 'why not try your local government hospital in Sisaket province it'll be cheaper' (his dental assistant was booked up for a few days ahead. He charged nothing for that advice and my local hospital in SriRattana cottage hospital, a small $hitkicker amphur town closer to my village than our own Amphur town, charged 350 baht for a full on teeth clean! I then went back to Ubonrak for a final exam and he took X-Rays and it reconfirmed that no work was needed. He predicted I would be fine. I was not in pain by then anyway and have had no problem with my teeth since. He charged 300 baht agian for the X-Ray inclusive consultation.

My kind of dentist and, from what you say, maybe your kind of dentist too if you want someone who will not take advantage financially! First time we just rocked up at the hospital and he saw me within half an hour. Second and third time we had booked. He spoke passable English but I also speak Thai (not fluent but better than nitnoi!) so I recall we communicated in both with the option of asking my wife to step in.

BUT, I don't know his name and it can't be guaranteed you would get the same guy! I got the impression they only had one and that he also has his own clinic outside somewhere. 

Edited by SantiSuk
typos

My wife swears by the lady dentist at the Warin hospital. Prefers her over our dentist in Texas. As most she probably has a clinic downtown. Would ask but we are out of country right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As posted in similar topics, I have used the Aroma Clinic for many years.

It is located just across Chayangkhun rd by the entrance/exit to/from Big C.

Female dentist, speaks English, and explains what's needed before she starts.............:thumbsup:

I had one good and one very bad experience at Ubon Rak. I will never go back.

There is a fairly new clinic called Dr. Bee where Chayangkun meets the ring road. https://www.facebook.com/pages/DrBee-Dental-Clinic/281132808590861

They have several dentists but my only experience is with Dr. "Jig." She splits time between that office and their Trakan office. I had a chipped tooth and she talked through my options before doing anything unlike other dentists I've been to. She was gentle and made the whole experience as pleasant as possible when getting dental work. Speaks good English and is great with kids too.

I am a bit late, but thanks for the tips.

Regarding Ubonrak, which I know quite well, there has been a major change in...pricing policy.

About a week ago, I went there on Thursday and was surprised to find the hospital empty of customers.

No one waiting at the cashier or at the pharmacy, or for a consultation on the ground floor.

Then I went upstairs for my appointment with the ear doctor, and when I came back to the cashier, where I didn't have to wait obviously, I understood why the hospital was so empty.

The administration has pulled a Bangkok Pattaya Hospital kind of scam, whereas the miscellaneous costs now more than double the amount of the bill!

As a matter of fact, while the doctor reasonnably charged 500 baht for his work, the hospital added more than 700 baht for checking my weight and my blood pressure!

Needless to say that I will add my name to the many who won't return to this hospital!

On 21/05/2017 at 6:39 AM, bergen said:

As posted in similar topics, I have used the Aroma Clinic for many years.

It is located just across Chayangkhun rd by the entrance/exit to/from Big C.

Female dentist, speaks English, and explains what's needed before she starts.............:thumbsup:

Would you have a phone number for this clinic, or for the dentist directly?