I bought sex, politician admits

rooster59

"High 5" for complited the first step by finding the "real" goat. Hopefully the case will proceed succesfully through the final steps including "real" consequences for "all" involved parties beyond fingerpointing and a 500thb fine...;)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, spiderorchid said:

I read your previous post and I agree with what you said.

I never implied you were accepting of child sex.

I merely used your initial post as a lead in to my written opinions. 

Because you think I implied you were accepting, I profoundly apologise.

I am also a big fan of Thailand and most of its people.

I also get banned for trying to defend what happens here. 3 times so far.

Again I am sorry for inadvertently slurring you. Cheers 

Well done! I also made an error in judgement recently in one of my posts, and think there is no "loss of face" in admitting when I am shown to be wrong, and apologised immediately. Most people on here seem to go remarkably quiet when they are proved wrong, or change tack/divert their argument, and even ignore a request for an explanation of where they got their " facts" from.

10 hours ago, impulse said:

Don't forget "involving underage girls forced into the trade against their will."

Hand me the first stone and I'd gladly cast it.  Jesus would approve...

Yes well leaving your semi-fictional hippy-god out of it I agree, the trafficking of underage teens(of anybody, come to think of it) is abominable. As far as the sex trade in general I could not care less who paid for sex with a legal working girl or boy.  But I think the story is more about the  widespread nature of corruption at all levels of the public service and government. Lucky for us all, Kuhn Prayut has cleaned it up, this being a very rare and isolated case.

7 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I think the UK has enough of its own underage prostitution stories to be interested in this case.

7 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I think the UK has enough of its own underage prostitution stories to be interested in this case.

Oh! i dont know.

15 hours ago, rkidlad said:

'A Nonthaburi local politician was arrested and reportedly confessed to buying sex services from a minor last September and also misrepresenting himself as the governor of Mae Hong Son' - We don't care that you had sex with children ha ha! We just need to know it wasn't someone influential doing it. 

Well, ladies and gentleman, that is that. Wrapped up very nicely with time for a celebratory drink and pat on the back. Moral of the day: important people don't do bad things. Scapegoats do. 

Thailand's morality is safe once again. Get on with your lives, people. Well, until there's another cover-up. 

Nowadays, just put a blind eye to it, or it will be too much and sufficate everyone who cares.

14 hours ago, jaltsc said:

"A Nonthaburi local politician was arrested and reportedly confessed to buying sex services..."

Must have been a low level politician. Anyone with pull, would only have to promise a favor to the family, or make a threat in exchange for free sex. Unfortunately, for too many families (1 is too many), the age of their female child does not matter. 

I'm sure he will be well rewarded for his "time". 

21 hours ago, graemeaylward said:

Anyone who has any doubts about the abhorrent offence of using or trafficking in minors for sexual purposes would do well to watch the 3 one hour drama, documentary "Three Girls" which was shown over 3 consecutive nights on BBC this week. This was a harrowing account of the abuse of young girls in the Rochdale UK area which took place over several years. In all there were hundreds of victims, and terrible failures by the authorities to stop this terrible crime.

Sent from my Lenovo A3000-H using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

If we are talking about the same scandal ( I haven't seen the program ) if was being run predominately by persons originally from Pakistan and the police up to the level of Chief Constable failed to take action on the basis that they didn't want to inflame racial tensions

It was only because of the actions of then Director of Public Prosecutions a prominent Muslim that the guilty were brought to trial 

On 5/20/2017 at 7:52 AM, rooster59 said:

They urged that the DSI take over the case to ensure justice and prevent criticism, as policemen were involved in the scandal.

agreed; police investigating police does not feel right

What amazes me about this entire investigation is that it has all stemmed from the complaint of 1 woman about her daughter, and full respect to her for doing this. As this woman was a police informer, she would potentially 'know where the bodies were buried' and had to be taken seriously. IMO, hence the progress in the case.

Second point is that it is focusing on one party in September. But how far will it expend from there; there are suggestions that the local police are 'rushing' to close the case, curtail the damage the way I read it. In the 'investigators' favour that is only based on what I have read in the media.

What scares me are the facts above, one complaint and one focused party uncovering what it has. And that is with damage control in place IMO. This is the very pinnacle of an extremely large iceberg.

37 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

This is the very pinnacle of an extremely large iceberg.

...that has been circling in the Thai cesspool for several decades before any of us pitched our tents in this benighted realm and will still be here when we aren't.

3 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

...that has been circling in the Thai cesspool for several decades before any of us pitched our tents in this benighted realm and will still be here when we aren't.

Oh I agree so much with that.

The point of the post was really to project the depth of the problem. Certainly isn't a new trait.

30 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

Oh I agree so much with that.

The point of the post was really to project the depth of the problem. Certainly isn't a new trait.

Yup, as my mate who majors in (bar stool) philosophy always says when we 'debate' all the farked up things about Thailand, "It is what it is."

On 5/20/2017 at 8:30 AM, ezzra said:

Buying sex in Thailand is akin to buying a glass of beer in Germany

or a hotdog in NY, and who's among us is to cast the first stone?

but is sound completely more sinister when it comes to the Hi-so

and the leaders of this country.....

but a pedo freak buying whoopie from forced minor sex slaves is another matter do you not understand this ? or are you ok with the minor sex slave trade ?