The week that was in Thailand news: Why Thais couldn’t possibly lose Face!

rooster59

On May 21, 2017 at 1:07 PM, AjarnMartin said:

As an ex-hotmetal, print compositor (a WHAT???) one can forgive the odd literal... 'SEEM THAT COMING' but I question the spelling of 'sabre' without being aware of an alternative, 'saber' spelling.

As an ex-compositor, you should appreciate the "weight" of words. Especially if you have failed to lock down a galley (yes, I'm from that era - I could read linotype back to front and upside down). :)

I regret to say that I agree with the critics - the author does seem to like the sound of his own voice, so to speak. 

33 minutes ago, sambum said:

Try Googling this link:-

"Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority - GOV.UK"

And very recently, just as one example:-

"How to apply for compensation if you were a victim of the terrorist attack in Manchester on 22 May 2017"

Has anyone noticed an increasing hostility towards white people in the past 10 years or so? (I have started to resent the ubiquitous use of the demeaning term 'Farang', even though I understand it only arose when Thais realised they couldn't learn how to pronounce the French word for French).

Perhaps it's not so much hostility as antipathy. Nope, it is hostility.

Anyone else noticed it?

On 28/05/2017 at 6:41 PM, Dexlowe said:

As an ex-compositor, you should appreciate the "weight" of words. Especially if you have failed to lock down a galley (yes, I'm from that era - I could read linotype back to front and upside down). :)

I regret to say that I agree with the critics - the author does seem to like the sound of his own voice, so to speak. 

Maybe we could get a 'chapel' going in Thailand??? ?

Edited by AjarnMartin