Police hunt for TAO chief linked to sex trip

Police hunt for TAO chief linked to sex trip

By THE SUNDAY NATION

e95a70d3fc06f065bad5bb6bb1e3acef.jpeg

Ban Mai TAO’s assistant chief Montha Charoensuksuwan is accompanied by police to the Criminal Court for Corruption and Misconduct Cases yesterday.

THE Criminal Court for Corruption and Misconduct Cases issued an arrest warrant yesterday for the head of a tambon administrative organisation (TAO) in Nonthaburi for failing to report to police on a malfeasance charge.

Police investigators requested the warrant after Wasu Phan-ngern, president of the Ban Mai Tambon Administrative Organisation (TAO) in the Bang Yai district of Nonthaburi province could not be reached. 

His lawyer had asked for a postponement of his meeting with police, arguing that Wasu needed urgent treatment at hospital. But police discovered later that he did not go to the hospital in question.

So, the investigators requested a warrant for his arrest from the court, on grounds that the suspect might attempt to escape.

The charge against the senior local administrator is linked to the Mae Hong Son sex scandal, which has seen many police and state officials accused of buying sex from girls who were underage. Investigators have said budget documents were falsified for a study trip by officials from Ban Mai to Mae Hong Son last September and that some local politicians from the group allegedly bought sex from teenage prostitutes.

One of the Ban Mai TAO members allegedly told a young prostitute that he was the Mae Hong Son governor. That led to the province’s top official being suspended and transferred out of the northern city while a disciplinary investigation is being done.

However, the governor appears to have been cleared after Nonthaburi TAO member Chuchart Poungchin admitted he was the one who had bought sex from a girl in September.

Deputy national police chief Pol General Srivara Ransibrahmanakul led a team on Friday to arrest Chuchart after he failed to report to police for questioning. Srivara also personally interrogated Chuchart after the arrest.

The sex scandal case came to light last November when authorities cracked down on prostitution rings in Mae Hong Son. 

A local woman working as a police informant took the matter to the media after discovering that her daughter was among the girls forced into prostitution, allegedly by a policeman at the Nam Phieng Din station who ran a sex-trade ring. The policeman is now in custody along with two women accused of procuring underage girls.

Wasu’s Ban Mai TAO had sought a budget for a trip for 23 people but only 20 took part. It is suspected that the additional funds were spent on sex services by teenage girls procured from a network run by the Mae Hong Son police officer.

Police in Bangkok have charged Wasu and Ban Mai TAO’s assistant chief Montha Charoensuksuwan with falsifying documents for the budget withdrawal. Police asked Wasu to meet investigators for questioning over the charges. 

Yesterday, Montha was brought to the Criminal Court for Corruption and Misconduct Cases over the same charge. She was released on bail of Bt200,000.

She said the court set conditions for her to report every 12 days and not to tamper with any evidence.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30315823

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-05-21

something very strange about this photo

drop shadow on her face

Guy walking in front drop shadow of rolled up paper is too long and against the wall oppersite to

second guy walking, shadow towards you of feet and legs

Flash in local day light no way

Photoshop then and that is my favorite program, where even i can change your sex

See if you can find more as I see two more?

Edited by wakeupplease

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

His lawyer had asked for a postponement of his meeting with police, arguing that Wasu needed urgent treatment at hospital. But police discovered later that he did not go to the hospital in question.

so the lawyer lied to the police; that IS a crime is it not ?

Is this about a man or woman ?,in the report it says  "his", but the photo looks like a woman,

anyway must be expecting to be there a while ,has brought a cushion,with him/her,

more stellar reporting from The Nation.

regards Worgeordie

2 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

drop shadow on her face

Guy walking in front drop shadow of rolled up paper is too long and against the wall oppersite to

Photoshop then and that is my favorite program, where even i can change your sex

Wow! That was actually the most irrelevant to a story anybody ever published here. Congratulations!

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

So, the investigators requested a warrant for his arrest from the court, on grounds that the suspect might attempt to escape.

Really its amazing how fast their intuition kicks in when dealing with lesser people below the Red Bull level. He seems to be bar that measures the speed of the BIB responses. 

6 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

drop shadow on her face

You don't think an open portico might have reflected light coming in from both sides?

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

How many times was he summoned? I thought the law was that if you didn't show up for 8 summons that you'd then be arrested. Does this rule not apply to us all?

Only if you are perfectly informed and have a private jet on stand by.

8 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

drop shadow on her face

And the television cameras behind the woman are filming what.................................................. Nothing ? Go get a life for crying out loud.

Edited by Golden Triangle

On 05/21/2017 at 8:06 AM, wakeupplease said:

drop shadow on her face

Are you mulder or scully?