Renewal driving licence

1 minute ago, chasboyuk said:

So no medical required anymore for a 5 yr renewal.

Anyone one know if my licence expired in 8th April how long I have got before I have to do the whole process again

Read the link above, you have one year to renew your 5 year license, from the date of expiry.

I renewed my five year license this week in Loei province. My last five year license was from Pattaya.  That was not a problem, just cost an extra 50 baht. No medical certificate was required, no written or driving test. I needed an official resident certificate. I had to get that from immigration. I have no yellow house book because the lady at the local amphur doesn't know how to make one. I needed my passport and in my case the passport number did not match the number on my old license. I had to find my old expired passport. You also have to sit through an hour long video with English subtitles, but no test.The two tests were calling out red yellow and green random flashing lights on a board. the colors change each flash. No vision test. The only other test was a pedal for the gas and one for the brake. It tests your reaction time how long it takes your foot to go from the gas pedal to the brake pedal. The last part is taking your paperwork to another small office. They take your photo and print out your laminated new licence.

Mine took two days because I had to go to immigration for my proof of residence and back home to get my old expired passport. A yellow house book saves some hassle if you have one. My license had been expired for five or six days.

Edited by Gary A

2 hours ago, vinniekintana said:

Gary...what papers exactly did you have to take to Immigration?

I live in my Mrs house but we are not married.

Should the tabian baan and her ID copy suffice?

My wife had her house book and her ID card. All you need is your passport. As long as you have a valid extension or visa, immigration will have the rest of the information. Your wife, girlfriend or landlord needs to verify where you live.

Ok went to the Mae Tang office which is closer to my home...All done and because my license  was expired 4 days I was rewarded with almost 6 years..I know, I know but true.

No medical certificate was required.. Only a color test..Maybe the movie was not working so sat in a class with a teacher teaching about 30 kids about driving. Easy as pie....

8 hours ago, sendbaht said:

Ok went to the Mae Tang office which is closer to my home...All done and because my license  was expired 4 days I was rewarded with almost 6 years..I know, I know but true.

No medical certificate was required.. Only a color test..Maybe the movie was not working so sat in a class with a teacher teaching about 30 kids about driving. Easy as pie....

Everyone gets 6 years if you go a day after your birthday.

I obtained my second 5 year license in Pattaya on Wednesday.   All I needed was a Residence Certificate from Jomtien Immigration but they still wanted copies of Passport face page, visa, (or extension of stay stamp) and landing card.   Since I have been this route before I had copies of everything that they wanted except a photocopy of my old license, which was done by one of the many copy shops outside of DLT

In Pattaya they do it a little different in that they want to do it by groups.  They have one group in the morning and another group in the afternoon after lunch, so you have to time your arrival or they will send you home and tell you to come back the next day

All tests were the same as posted above and by going three days after my birthday I was given a license that is good for six years  

1 minute ago, Langsuan Man said:

I obtained my second 5 year license in Pattaya on Wednesday.   All I needed was a Residence Certificate from Jomtien Immigration but they still wanted copies of Passport face page, visa, (or extension of stay stamp) and landing card.   Since I have been this route before I had copies of everything that they wanted except a photocopy of my old license, which was done by one of the many copy shops outside of DLT

In Pattaya they do it a little different in that they want to do it by groups.  They have one group in the morning and another group in the afternoon after lunch, so you have to time your arrival or they will send you home and tell you to come back the next day

All tests were the same as posted above and by going three days after my birthday I was given a license that is good for six years  

What are the times you need to turn up, morning and afternoon?

Just now, giddyup said:

What are the times you need to turn up, morning and afternoon?

Sorry don't really know.  If memory serves me correctly last time was in the morning around 09:30

This time got there at 13:30 and was last to do the color blind test, so I just made it for the after lunch group 

1 minute ago, Langsuan Man said:

Sorry don't really know.  If memory serves me correctly last time was in the morning around 09:30

This time got there at 13:30 and was last to do the color blind test, so I just made it for the after lunch group 

Thanks, I need to renew mine in August.

• 7 months later...