Cost of battery replacement

Rotagivan

There is a very good parts shop on the road to McComack hospital.  Right hand side and 2 doors along from the Honda motorbike shop.

You can also buy the parts you require and take them back to the bike shop garage (behind the bike shop) and they will fit them for a very small fee.

• Like 1

On 2017-05-22 at 1:04 PM, CMKiwi said:

There is a very good parts shop on the road to McComack hospital.  Right hand side and 2 doors along from the Honda motorbike shop.

You can also buy the parts you require and take them back to the bike shop garage (behind the bike shop) and they will fit them for a very small fee.

Great info.

On 2017-05-22 at 2:00 PM, elektrified said:

You sure start a lot of threads over 1 to 8 Euro cost of living expenses....

Keep testing me.

On 5/21/2017 at 11:04 PM, CMKiwi said:

That would be Sangchai, perhaps the largest distributor of Honda motorcycle parts in Chiang Mai. Helps to speak Thai there. The place is usually very busy and I still have not figured out the system there but instead rely upon the woman at the counter by the small accessories shop. Sometimes it may take a week to get parts in from Honda in Bangkok. But always helpful and honest.  For larger bikes and dual sport servicing try Burning, just west of Sangchai towards the bridge on the other side of the street.

I know Burning quite well. Brought a lot of accessories for the CRF before I sold it.

Funny thing is, is that Burning buys a lot of his stuff from Sangchai and then puts his mark up onto it.  I've seen his workers pop down to Sangchai and return with bags of stuff!

I generally use Sangchai for parts now and yes the lady at the counter is the best bet when trying to explain what parts you need.  Some good deals in their accessories/aftermarket area.

LED indicators/blinkers for 130 baht (For a pair) is amazing.... but some are better than others. Had a few poorly constructed sets where the attachment arm pulled out of the main indicator upon tightening.

Burning does have some good stuff...at a price.  Stainless steel lifetime air filters and quality alloy bash plates.

Unfortunately the missus's little DTracker 150 (Which I'm using till I decide what bike I want next) doesn't need or have many aftermarket accessories available. To be truthful it's not worth spending much on and I'm a bit too big for it anyways.

But Sangchai gets my vote overall

Edited by CMKiwi
Auto spelling mistake

• 1 year later...

Big thumbs up to Sangchai Panich, and to the guys who recommended them.
Was after a particular battery for the wife's old Yamaha MIO (different battery to the new MIO), so after reading this thread yesterday after noon I found their facebook page 
https://www.facebook.com/SANGCHAIPANICH/
sent them a message for a price, they responded with in about only a minute!! 370 Baht which is quite a bit cheaper than any I could fine online (lazada, shoppee etc). Was first customer this morning when they opened, they even have basement parking if you go by car, 370 baht paid, got home and replaced it in like 2 minutes. The missus is now a happy camper, as am I.
You can find directions via the facebook page or by putting Sangchai Panich Chiangmai into google maps (or even just google)

Edited by bloody tiger
correction