what is earliest time that I can renew an extension of stay base on retirement

Since you will be in LA you also have the option of applying for an O-A visa at the LA consulate. Medical can be done here in Thailand before your flight and a quick criminal background check done when you arrive.  Will give you almost 2 years of permission to stay and multi entry. Must also show money in bank and Thailand residence info. 

20 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

He was writing about getting a visa at a Thai consulate not immigration.

Is the renewal retirement visa different at a consulate, to that obtained at an immigration office?

2 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Is the renewal retirement visa different at a consulate, to that obtained at an immigration office?

You don't get a visa at an immigration office. You apply for a new extension of stay.

Applying for a visa at an embassy or consulate has different requirements than applying for an extension of stay at immigration.

For a OA visa a medical certificate and a criminal background check is required but they are not required to apply for an extension of stay based upon retirement.

9 hours ago, elviajero said:

Depends on where you apply. Many offices will allow you to apply within 45 days, at others it's 30 days. If your office is 45 days then you will be ok.

Division 1, Chang Wattana

5 minutes ago, Foozool said:

Division 1, Chang Wattana

They will do it 45 days early..

Just remember that if using the money in the bank option it will need to be in the bank for 3 months on the date your apply.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

what qualifies ? (i know the various imm offices can be diff)l

I think any rental agreement, rental receipts, evidence that you have a hotel booking in Thailand. NYC also required evidence of flight reservation.

I used an old expired agreement as my apartment just goes month to month after initial expiration. That was taken no issues. I also included my most recent rental receipt to show it was my current address but I am sure any verified hotel booking would also be OK.

47 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

He was writing about getting a visa at a Thai consulate not immigration.

truth be told, i was looking for insights to be applied to my impending address change ; central to a northern province

If in Pattaya and you go speak to them nicely and explain the situation they will help you out normally. 

2 years ago I asked 50 days early as I had to leave urgently and doubted I would be back before it was due.

They were very helpful. 

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

They will do it 45 days early..

Just remember that if using the money in the bank option it will need to be in the bank for 3 months on the date your apply.

I thought it was 2 months for the 1st time, and 3 months thereafter - has that changed?

7 minutes ago, Bogbrush said:

I thought it was 2 months for the 1st time, and 3 months thereafter - has that changed?

The OP is on at least his 2nd  extension according to what he wrote in the OP so I did not bother to mention the 60 days for the first extension.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bogbrush said:

You are referring to the minimum time that money must be in the bank if using the bank deposit method. The OP is asking how early he can apply, which would be 45 days as long as the money has been in his account for 3 months before the day he applies.