Region 5 chief says "upskirt" cases will go to court after latest Chiang Mai arrest

webfact

Region 5 chief says "upskirt" cases will go to court after latest Chiang Mai arrest

4pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

CHIANG MAI: -- The chief of the Region 5 police has ordered that cases where men film up the skirt of females must now go to court.

No longer will he allow such matters to be settled with fines at police stations as the crime is a serious one reported Sanook.

In the latest case in Chiang Mai a man was caught on CCTV filming a student's private areas while she was browsing in a bookstore.

Sutkhaet, 39, a second hand clothes dealer, was arrested at his apartment opposite from where the offence took place. Taken into evidence was a phone and a computer notebook.

The quick actions of the girls involved - there were in fact two - meant that police could trace Sutkhaet quickly using CCTV.

He was taken to the station where, on hearing the news, his girlfriend arrived and swiped him around the head, reported Sanook.

He was fined 5,000 baht for each of two cases making 10,000 baht but Region 5 chief Poonsap Prasertsak said that in future such people will not be able to pay fines at police stations.

In future the cases will go to court as they were serious public order offences and must be stopped.

Meanwhile, the arrested man reportedly told police that when he saw he was in the news media he scrubbed all his images off his phone and computer though he claimed this was the first time he had done this himself and it was just for personal use.

"She was so lovely I couldn't help myself", Sanook quoted him as telling police.

His girlfriend was so cross that she smacked him around the ear.

Source: Sanook

3 hours ago, webfact said:

No longer will he allow such matters to be settled with fines at police stations

But they will continue to allow, murder, assault,  and drunk driving to be settled.  

Reminds me of an old Aussie joke, about the farmer who would polish his wellies/boots to a mirror-like finish before going to the country dance on a Saturday night.

Who needs a camera?

4 hours ago, Deez said:

But they will continue to allow, murder, assault,  and drunk driving to be settled.  

...they're probably having difficulty in remembering the faces of all the repeat offenders.

8 hours ago, Deez said:

indeed, what a peculiar society, my country isn't perfect but the priorities for thai society seem bizarre.

1 hour ago, Moti24 said:

A fine and set free to do it again.  This guy falls into the same category as a paedophile!  He should be locked up for a long time and have his nuts cut off!  ****in perv!

I do not think he is in the same category as a paedophile but i think his girlfriend will keep a close eye on him and

smack him across the ears some more!!Go girl!!

7 minutes ago, jvs said:

I do not think he is in the same category as a paedophile but i think his girlfriend will keep a close eye on him and

Filming up the skirt of a grade 9 student, that's a 14/15 year old!  She's still a child, so as far as I'm concerned, he should be locked up now, before he rapes somebody; only a matter of time, here in LOS.

On Wednesday, May 24, 2017 at 2:18 PM, jvs said:

Or she will wear skirts more often to keep him interested!