Marriage Non O to retirement Non O VISA

Currently I'm on a Non O marriage VISA and it is due in the fall. I read it is much easier doing the retirement VISA instead. I am over 50 y/o however I will not have the 800k in the bank for 3 months. I'm still employed and my pay is deposited to a Thai bank account.

I seen a VISA agency post saying that financial requirement is 800k or 65k/month. I make well over the 65k/month can I extend my marriage Non O to a retirement Non O  based on my income?

Thanks

I assume you are on an extension of permission to stay, not a VISA,

on the grounds of marriage to a Thai national.

If you are working in Thailand you cannot get a retirement extension,

if you are working outside Thailand you can.

If you use the monthly income method for your extension you will need 

proof of same from your embassy/consulate.

You can change the reason for your extension of stay (it is not visa) from marriage to retirement near the end of you current extension.

You can use any income from outside the country to meet the 65k baht income requirement. You will need a income letter from your embassy to prove the income.

53 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can change the reason for your extension of stay (it is not visa) from marriage to retirement near the end of you current extension.

You can use any income from outside the country to meet the 65k baht income requirement. You will need a income letter from your embassy to prove the income.

Do I need the proof even if the income is deposited into a Thai bank account  directly from my company?

40 minutes ago, Sakeopete said:

Do I need the proof even if the income is deposited into a Thai bank account  directly from my company?

That depends upon which immigration office you apply at. Most don't ask for back up proof for the income letter from your embassy.

You will have to check with your embassy to find out what they require to issue the letter.