Change address effect on 90 day and yearly renew?

Hi all

I own a house in chiang rai but we are moving to Udon for a year to run a restaurant.

Just wondering what effect that will have on my visa?

Do I report in the new province and also do I review my spouse visa in Udon or Chang Rai?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Technically you should report a change of address to Udon and apply for the next extension in Udon. However, if you are maintaining two addresses and don't mind doing your 90 day reports and extension renewal in Chaing Rai, you could keep your registered address as is.

Technically you should report a change of address to Udon and apply for the next extension in Udon. However, if you are maintaining two addresses and don't mind doing your 90 day reports and extension renewal in Chaing Rai, you could keep your registered address as is.

I don't mind doing the yearly in chiang Rai but would rather not do the 90 day report. Is it all or nothing do you think?
As in can't do 90 day in one province and yearly in another?

11 minutes ago, irlguy1 said:

You would have to change your address to Udon Thani to do your 90 day reports.

If you will still have an address where the receipt could be mailed to in Chiang Rai you could do your reports by mail to the office there.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, irlguy1 said:

doubt that would work; as i understand it, at extension renewal time they check your past 90s history to see if they need fine you for missing/late 90s; so at that time the 'matching' process would show the 2 diff provinces/addresses and you might be in a mess (even just trying to explain it)

• Like 1

You could try to use the system.

When you move to Udon, bounce up to immigration with your TM28/TM30 to change address and do your 90 day reporting from there.

When to time comes to do your annual renewal, just prior to it, turn up at Chiang Rai immigration with your TM28/TM30 and register change of address back to your house there. When extension is granted, move back to Udon, wash & rinse.

PITH but should work????

• Like 1

You would have to change your address to Udon Thani to do your 90 day reports.
If you will still have an address where the receipt could be mailed to in Chiang Rai you could do your reports by mail to the office there.

I just looked for more info on trying that and it states on the website that the post mark must match the province u live in for 90 day by post [emoji24][emoji24]

10 hours ago, irlguy1 said:

I just looked for more info on trying that and it states on the website that the post mark must match the province u live in for 90 day by post emoji24.pngemoji24.png

Where did you see that. It is not mentioned here on the immigration website. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

Immigration does not pay attention to where the report was mailed from. They only want to see that the return envelope address matches the address on the report.

Where did you see that. It is not mentioned here on the immigration website. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days
Immigration does not pay attention to where the report was mailed from. They only want to see that the return envelope address matches the address on the report.

It's mentioned on two different visa agents sites.
I wonder why they would bother saying it would it if it wasn't true as it doesn't have any benefit to them ?

IMG_7204.PNGIMG_7205.PNG

42 minutes ago, irlguy1 said:

It's mentioned on two different visa agents sites.
I wonder why they would bother saying it would it if it wasn't true as it doesn't have any benefit to them ?

The last one has wrong info since it states 7 before the report date. It was changed to 15 day several years ago.

I can guess what they might post misleading info. But will not say it.

I can assure you many people have mailed in reports from outside the area of their assigned offices responsibility.

• Like 1

The last one has wrong info since it states 7 before the report date. It was changed to 15 day several years ago.
I can guess what they might post misleading info. But will not say it.
I can assure you many people have mailed in reports from outside the area of their assigned offices responsibility.

Good to know [emoji106]
Cheers for that .