Former soldier arrested for building houses on Wat Takiab Hill, Hua Hin

webfact

Former soldier arrested for building houses on Wat Takiab Hill, Hua Hin

1pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

HUA HIN: -- A 65 year old former soldier has been arrested after a raid on his two properties on Wat Takiab Hill, Hua Hin, yesterday.

The raid by more than 100 soldiers and provincial officials was led by the local district chief Rutpratheep Thammaraphiphat, reported Daily News.

The beautiful houses - one two story and one three story - have been built on forestry land. Suwat Wiwatananon, 65, has been charged with encroachment.

He claimed the land belonged to the temple but the authorities say it is forestry land. The case has dragged on since 2011 with the owner refusing to leave and even adding to the properties.

The raiding party found that the houses were connected with water and electricity and a staircase ran between the two properties that were both owned by Suwat.

Daily News reported that there was "a great view" from the balconies of the properties.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-25

Reading the post, it says that the case has dragged on since2011.

Yet he not only refused to leave, he carried on building.

That is arrogance in the extreme, i am retired army, i can do as i please.

8 minutes ago, tomwct said:

He must have been a very high ranking soldier. He thought he was untouchable. Amazing Thailand.

My wife just informed me he was a Police General!

May explain why it was soldiers on the raid and not police.

1 hour ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Tear down those two houses as an example of what happens if you build on any land that you do not own.

Or just light them on fire and burn them to the ground  and film the event.

Yes they should tear those houses down as an example, but why use a soldier and not someone who thinks is above the law and encroached 60 Rai of forest land.

100 Soldiers and Officials......Jeez, was he holed up with machine gun nests, anti personnel mines, automatic weapons.....what a complete waste of manpower and resources. I bet when the finger pointing photo comes out it will look like the graduation picture at Harvard University.....:shock1:

6 hours ago, tompelli said:

The 100 strong raiding party did what exactly? Six years to establish who owned the land & where does a former soldier get the money to buy what should be very expensive land & build 2 houses on it?

Rather boggles the mind does it not. 100 in the raiding party geeze. I guess when he joined the army and they told him about swift advancement he really took it to heart. They did not give his rank. If he was a general this would never be news.

6 hours ago, tomwct said:

He must have been a very high ranking soldier. He thought he was untouchable. Amazing Thailand.

My wife just informed me he was a Police General!

Your wife is wrong.

1 hour ago, lvr181 said:

And the absolute truth is? 

Thanks. One of the "entitled untouchables" I guess? :whistling:

Perhaps there is "honour" among thieves after all?

Others buy aircraft carriers, tanks and submarines and then there are the police.

19 hours ago, YetAnother said:

the scale of encroachment is startling here; i presume the houses will have to be destroyed; hope they make him watch that and pay for it

Yeah, pretty much stands out like the proverbial sore thumb.  Had he built something a bit more modest and un assuming he probably could have lived out his retirement.  Kind of funny that in a supposed Buddhist country, greed and craving brings down so many. 

I remember a few years ago near the same place a few shacks were build out of roofing steel and other

building waste.

I was thinking at the time these very poor people living there had the best view in all of Hua-hin,

i also wondered if they had time or mindset to enjoy it.

Archived