Wow Pleasant Experience

Sooo Upto Me

Hi everyone.

I just thought I would share this experience with you all.

Iam staying away from Pattaya for a while and living up in Maesot near Mynamar border with gf family hse. Just had hair salon built for her so not getting too bored yet ?

Anyway went to do my annual extension of stay Non O. So off we go to Bangkok bank in shopping mall wed morning 10.30 to get bank letter first in queue. Waited 15 mins all done including passbook update, photocopies. Surprised didn't have come back to pick it up like Pattaya banks. An yes this is a busy bank.

So then I drove to my immigration office which is situated next Thai/Burmese border. It's now 11am so expecting at least few people mainly Burmese. But hey no, only me there & a Japanese guy, so handed in all my paperwork which was correct. But lucky I bought hse book copies with me coz they wanted them & the gf signature who was with me. Didn't need that in Jomtien. Anyway once again I was thinking had to pick up next day or at least that afternoon. But hey no sat there about 20 mins & all done with a smile from the female officers. So was a happy chappy 1yr extension all completed in less than 1hr. I've been to this immigration office a few times to do my 90 day report & it can get busy especially being right on the border. Same with the bank as Maesot is becoming a major hub for businesses & travellers. So even though it can get a bit boring up here sometimes I sure enjoyed my ext renewal this year. Well hav a good day we're heading off to the local mountains for lunch. ??

Nice post, don't often see the "good experience" ones.  I've done 4 or 5 extensions and haven't had any problems with Immi so far.  Thankfully we don't live too far away, so not a problem to stop in a few weeks in advance, say hello and ask if there are any "new" things we should be aware of, get the forms, checklist, etc.   I have had 2 minor glitches in the past but both were down to me forgetting something I otherwise knew about, not an I/O being creative or trying to get one over on me. 

19 hours ago, wildewillie89 said:

Surely if people choose to live in tourist/entertainment areas they must expect longer waits on things due to how busy the place is. This is not a nice experience as such, just a different experiences for you due to its quieter location.

Personally I expect immigration to use enough resources to make the process efficient and fast in any location, especially the ones that have a high demand. If they need 50 more officers and a big new building to do this in Jomtien or Chiang Mai then they should provide that. It's not as if they offer an entirely free service or something that benefits me in any way: with the exception of the 90-day report (which is completely pointless anyway) all services at immigration that I have ever used are charged for, and most of the procedures are overly complex and require far too much pointless and repetitive paperwork.

At the airport also they should employ enough officers to ensure that no one ever has to wait for more than a few minutes, not that Thailand is the only country that completely fails in this respect.

3 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Personally I expect immigration to use enough resources to make the process efficient and fast in any location, especially the ones that have a high demand. If they need 50 more officers and a big new building to do this in Jomtien or Chiang Mai then they should provide that. It's not as if they offer an entirely free service or something that benefits me in any way: with the exception of the 90-day report (which is completely pointless anyway) all services at immigration that I have ever used are charged for, and most of the procedures are overly complex and require far too much pointless and repetitive paperwork.

At the airport also they should employ enough officers to ensure that no one ever has to wait for more than a few minutes, not that Thailand is the only country that completely fails in this respect.

I wouldnt bother answering to this poster all he seems to be doing is finding negatives on the subject which I posted as an observation & experience of what I have recently done. ?