Going Back to the UK for a Month. Need Medical Insurance.

jacobsladder

Does anybody buy medical insurance when they go back to the UK? Our situation is complicated by the fact that three of my family are dual citizens of the UK and a non-EU country. The other member of our family is from a non-EU country. I know GPs are free and are emergency services. Thoughts of getting additional coverage? Where do you buy it from? Thanks in advance.

You could try https://www.aainsure.net/ at Pattaya, who are brokers and ThaiVisa sponsors. I get my car insurance through them. I have also had a travel insurance policy from them for my annual trip to the UK, but I can't remember who the insurer was.

Be very careful to read all the small print. If you are old and decrepit like me, you immediately run up against exclusions for pre-existing conditions. I have yet to find a policy available in Thailand that doesn't have such an exclusion. You can go online and find companies that will cover you, but only available to UK residents. I have seen one policy that in addition to pre-existing cons also excluded a huge long list of other ailments. If you fall ill I think most policies are nearly worthless, but you have cover against accidents, and, of course the other benefits such as loss of luggage.