Hua Hin station evacuated as suspicious packages found

Hua Hin station evacuated as suspicious packages found

train.PNG

Image: Daily News

Police and soldiers evacuated Hua Hin railway station yesterday morning after two bags were found left on a bench in front of the ticket office.

One was a red and black bag and the other a backpack. It was feared they might be bombs.

CCTV was checked and they were found to belong to a man with a beard and moustache who had left the station earlier.

A search party was formed and the man was found standing in front of a  convenience store some 200 meters away from the station.

Named as Ukrit Ratsuk, 32, from Surat he told the cops that he was due to return home on the midday train but seeing as he had a long time to
wait he went in search of something to eat.

He was asked to open the bags that just contained his clothes and other possessions.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-28

Putting aside the obvious security threat of leaving bags unattended for a moment, what sort of dipstick leaves their bags and wanders off 200 metres to get something to eat........Lucky they were still there !!!.....:crazy:

In chiang mai bus/train station people always leave their bags on the station seat to make sure nody take it when they are away :blink:

I guess nobody in north expect people to have anything of value so they not worry about stealing...:whistling:

I have seen many people in Thailand leave their baggage at train and bus stations and go off somewhere to eat. It is because

most of the stuff they have with them is not new and worth stealing. Just like most tourists who travel wise. Leave your valuable stuff

at home and travel with clothes that are not new and do the  same with your luggage. I use an old suitcase and backpack when I travel in Thailand

and I have not had any of my stuff taken when I have left it to go buy food for my travels.

Geezer

On 5/28/2017 at 0:21 AM, AhFarangJa said:

Putting aside the obvious security threat of leaving bags unattended for a moment, what sort of dipstick leaves their bags and wanders off 200 metres to get something to eat........Lucky they were still there !!!.....:crazy:

If you have to ask the question, you haven't been in Thailand  very long have you :sleepy:

Edited by geriatrickid