Most Thais believe Bangkok hospital bomb attack was aimed at junta: poll

rooster59

15 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

Strange numbers.

99% of the people up our way think it's self inflicted.

A firecracker in a flowerpot...

Designed for publicity not to kill or injure.

Obvious my missus says - the men in green.

Yes, I think that is the general consensus amongst those with the ability to think.

13 minutes ago, WhizBang said:

Can you explain to me, how bombing a ROOM named after humpty dumpty, could, in any way, make HD lose face?

Quite obvious..  a room named after one of the leaders of the junta.. get bombed.. if they cant even protect that and they are all about security and peace and order.. then this is a major slap in the face. Its about symbolic value.. guess you don't see it. 

8 hours ago, robblok said:

Seems the Thais are far more sensible then the farangs on here who are thinking about false flag operations and so on. Like they would target a room named after one of the highest in the junta and make him lose face. 

Aha, we meet again old bean!  I think the that people polled were far to scared to say what they really thought.  It's pretty obvious who was behind it.  "Like they would target a room named after one of the highest in the junta and make him lose face."... why on earth not?  In the tiny minds of these "military" men (I use the term loosely), it was a perfect plan to vilify their "enemies" and general "bad people", and justify a continued grip on power... the only problem with this cunning plan is that the only people to benefit from it are the junta itself.  There is no such thing as an incident such as this without motive. 

10 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

That's what they say but not what they think... 

How do you know that is not the same for the other guy.. oh i get it when its in your favor its the truth.. otherwise its a lie.. 

I will wait for evidence to see who really did it. Told you before your arguments are as valid as mine.. neither can be proven at this moment.

14 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

Aha, we meet again old bean!  I think the that people polled were far to scared to say what they really thought.  It's pretty obvious who was behind it.  "Like they would target a room named after one of the highest in the junta and make him lose face."... why on earth not?  In the tiny minds of these "military" men (I use the term loosely), it was a perfect plan to vilify their "enemies" and general "bad people", and justify a continued grip on power... the only problem with this cunning plan is that the only people to benefit from it are the junta itself.  There is no such thing as an incident such as this without motive. 

Yes why would people be too scared in an anonymous poll. But its good to question polls I did the same when they where showing YL was doing a good job. Polls can be influenced and they have a habit of showing what the person ordering them wants them to show. (goes for both sides)

Again your arguments are as good as mine.. it could also be a jab from Thaksin and his minions.. pushing egg on the face of the junta. Also quite plausible.. or even the Muslims from the south. Without proof all we do here is speculation and in this case its all possible. Its not like the reds haven't bombed places before. 

Though I have yet to find an example of a false flag by the junta, evidence of reds bombing stuff is available though. 

It just depends on your point of view what you see as more credible. Would be fun if it were the insurgents.. then we all look pretty stupid. 

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yes why would people be too scared in an anonymous poll. But its good to question polls I did the same when they where showing YL was doing a good job. Polls can be influenced and they have a habit of showing what the person ordering them wants them to show. (goes for both sides)

Again your arguments are as good as mine.. it could also be a jab from Thaksin and his minions.. pushing egg on the face of the junta. Also quite plausible.. or even the Muslims from the south. Without proof all we do here is speculation and in this case its all possible. Its not like the reds haven't bombed places before. 

Though I have yet to find an example of a false flag by the junta, evidence of reds bombing stuff is available though. 

It just depends on your point of view what you see as more credible. Would be fun if it were the insurgents.. then we all look pretty stupid. 

"I will wait for evidence to see who really did it."  I don't think there will be any credible evidence forthcoming at any point.  I don't think it would be worth Thaksin's time to risk pushing egg on the face of the junta given the potential backlash against him.  It's not a good gamble, and Thaksin is, after all, an experienced gambler!  As for Muslims in the South, I think they would have claimed it if it was them. Otherwise what would be the point of doing it?  They don't need to officially claim all the attacks in the southern provinces where they operate because they don't need to (they know that everyone knows it's them), but they do claim some attacks.  The thing with those guys is that they done seem to have any hierarchy, they seem more to be a loose horizontal lattice in terms of structure.  Alas, you are right at the end of the day.  I do believe it was the junta but I certainly cannot prove that. Speaking of terrorism., I'm in Erbil at the moment... it totally sucks.  See you next time!

Suppose you receive a letter with poll questions, and that some answers could cause a lot of troubles to you (politics, drugs, sex, tax, whatever).

Would you trust the anonymity that the sender guarantees you?

Would you answer honestly?

3 hours ago, stephen tracy said:

The Room and who has be missing of late? over seas, I hope having a brain transplant? that's too much to ask is it not

Edited by wakeupplease

10 hours ago, stephen tracy said:

"I will wait for evidence to see who really did it."  I don't think there will be any credible evidence forthcoming at any point.  I don't think it would be worth Thaksin's time to risk pushing egg on the face of the junta given the potential backlash against him.  It's not a good gamble, and Thaksin is, after all, an experienced gambler!  As for Muslims in the South, I think they would have claimed it if it was them. Otherwise what would be the point of doing it?  They don't need to officially claim all the attacks in the southern provinces where they operate because they don't need to (they know that everyone knows it's them), but they do claim some attacks.  The thing with those guys is that they done seem to have any hierarchy, they seem more to be a loose horizontal lattice in terms of structure.  Alas, you are right at the end of the day.  I do believe it was the junta but I certainly cannot prove that. Speaking of terrorism., I'm in Erbil at the moment... it totally sucks.  See you next time!

You and I have different views, though maybe not about the evidence. It will be hard to find good evidence. As for Thaksin.. last time his money was threatened he released violence, now recently he has gotten a high tax assessment.. its not a big leap to think that he might be up to his old tricks. 

I don't believe the junta needs much reason to hold onto power.. bombing is just not needed. Just my opinion. 

Have fun in Erbil, ( if your ever in Thailand come over to discuss this in person. You will see my views are not as extreme as you think. 

9 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Bingo.

Polls always seem to reflect what the people paying for the polls want them to show. It was the same with the previous government and I doubt the methods have changed much.

11 hours ago, stephen tracy said:

Excellent point.

Read an excellent analysis by the BBC recently. They said that the reason the army has been able to mount so many coups in the past, was due to the support of you know who. Since he is no longer around, there is no longer a moral support system, and the people will no longer listen. This is probably true. I believe the army knows this is their last hurrah. One can only hope.

13 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

Probably one of the most liberal countries in the world, I guess there are a lot of steps to go before we feel any impact !

If North Korea keeps firing off ballistic missiles the "impact" may come sooner than we expect. :whistling: