Phuket nurse returns bag full of money left behind by Chinese tourist

rooster59

Phuket nurse returns bag full of money left behind by Chinese tourist 

Eakkapop Thongtub

1495866707_1.jpg

PHUKET: A Chinese tourist was reunited with her belongings after she left them in a toilet at PTT gas station in Phang Nga yesterday (May 26).

At 5:55pm yesterday Chinese national Siwan Li, 27, went to Thalang Police Station to meet with 46-year-old local hospital nurse Ratchaneekon Thiratantayapon who had found her bag containing an equivalent of B35,000 in Chinese yuan earlier that day.

Ms Ratchaneekon explained that she was traveling from Nakon Sri Thammarat to Phuket and made a stop at the gas station about 1pm. At the same time there parked a tour bus with a group of tourists that included Siwan Li.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-nurse-returns-bag-full-of-money-left-behind-by-chinese-tourist-62335.php#IcleRRt4dOUwdiwJ.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-05-28

1 minute ago, YetAnother said:

not meaning to belittle this good samaritan act, she likely didnt have any knowledge of what the yuan was worth nor how to redeem it in baht; just saying...

Not trying to belittle and continuing with belittleing.

I'm sure she had her phone with her, which would within a few seconds show her the value of the yuan. And with exchange boots everywhere she would also know how to 'redeem'.

Why do all these people leave big bags of money everywhere.seems every week on tv i read about a taxi or nurse returning large sums of money. Immagine its news because most money left is not returned. Immagine there must be tousands of tourists with big bags of money they left behind saying now where did i last see that big bag of money i had.

1 hour ago, quadperfect said:

Why do all these people leave big bags of money everywhere.seems every week on tv i read about a taxi or nurse returning large sums of money. Immagine its news because most money left is not returned. Immagine there must be tousands of tourists with big bags of money they left behind saying now where did i last see that big bag of money i had.

35.000 baht is hardly a big bag of money. I might carry that in my pocket on occasion. 

All nurrses are good people in Thailand  

i live with one  never a dull moment Always happy

this should be an exampe to neing on the straiigh and   narrow to all  .

very well done miss /Misses

13 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

35.000 baht is hardly a big bag of money. I might carry that in my pocket on occasion. 

I look forward to reading your story in a future Thai Visa thread :wink:

May it be a nurse or a taxi driver that finds your small change :biggrin:

On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 7:36 AM, LivinginKata said:

To a lot of people that is a lot of money you snobbish <deleted>

16 hours ago, crazyk said:

To a lot of people that is a lot of money you snobbish <deleted>

My post had nothing to do with the amount. More to do with the poster talking about a big bag of money.  When I could carry that amount in my trouser pocket. Not need a big bag.

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 8:08 PM, YetAnother said:

not meaning to belittle this good samaritan act, she likely didnt have any knowledge of what the yuan was worth nor how to redeem it in baht; just saying...

I think you might be surprised about that.  I was in a gogo and some Chinese guys were fretting a bit about paying the bill.  They had enough money but not in baht.  I couldn't quite get it all but they were negotiating how to exchange their money as they had not converted enough baht.  The hostess was sympathetic and they were just working out the markup for their trouble.  The guys said OK, and had another round and all seemed like it would be resolved.  They the guys asked me if I would take their yuan and I said sure.  So we exchanged at a more fair rate and off they went.  I later used the yuan at a place and the girls knew exactly what the rates were.  All was well