Visa help please for English man :-)

Hi guys, hoping someone can help me with a bit of there knowledge?

On a 60 day tourist Visa which I have just extended for a further 30 days to get married. Wanting to know after i get married what's the best & easiest way to stay in Thailand? Just putting the 400,000 in bank now. Do I have to leave Thailand for a 1 year visa & does the money have to be in bank for 2 months before I can apply for visa?

Many thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

No, there is no need for you to leave Thailand.

The 400K should be in a bank account in your name and it must be in that account for 60 days (seasoned) before your marriage visa extension is approved.

However, they will also accept it if you can show a verified income of 40K Thai baht monthly.

Ideally that should be from abroad, but I believe if you are legally working in Thailand that will also be okay.

• Like 1

Thank you for your knowledge, so after I've had the 400,000 in bank for 60 days I just go to Thai Embassy then? Any idea what paperwork they will want? Thanks again Tyrone

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

2 hours ago, ty91074 said:

Thank you for your knowledge, so after I've had the 400,000 in bank for 60 days I just go to Thai Embassy then? Any idea what paperwork they will want? Thanks again Tyrone

The 400k baht does not have to be in the bank for 2 months to apply for a non-o visa at an embassy or consulate or to apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) at some immigration immigration office based upon marriage. To apply at immigration for the visa you must have at least 15 days remaining on the 30 day extension of your tourist visa.

After you get the 90 day entry from the visa you can apply for a one year extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon marriage at the local immigration office where you are living during the last 30 days of the 90 entry. To apply for the extension the 400k baht must be in the bank for two months on the date you apply.

You can get a single entry non-o visa at the embassy in Vientiane or the consulate in Savannakhet Laos with no financial proof.

Edited by ubonjoe
  • Like 1

Once again guys thanks for all your help and useful information! :-)
I have another question if anybody can help please am off to Surin on the 7th been looking is "Kap Choeng Immigration" still open & can I get a 'O' visa there?
If not anybody know the closest place next to Surin for a O visa?
Many thanks again Tyrone

9 minutes ago, ty91074 said:

Once again guys thanks for all your help and useful information! :-)
I have another question if anybody can help please am off to Surin on the 7th been looking is "Kap Choeng Immigration" still open & can I get a 'O' visa there?
If not anybody know the closest place next to Surin for a O visa?
Many thanks again Tyrone

Kap Choeng immigration is still open. Not sure you can change to a non immigrant visa there. Also will you have to have at least 15 days remaining on your current permit to stay to apply for it.

You best choice may be to get a single entry non-o visa based upon marriage at the consulate in Savannakhet Laos.

• Like 1

I went to Lao and obtained a Non O visa based on marriage in December, which I then extended for an additional 60 days at immigration for 1900b while I was waiting for my money to season in a Thai bank and went back the beginning of this month and applied for my 1 year extension which has been approved. Going tomorrow to get my stamp.

• Like 1

OP Tyrone .... Jan'16 I faced your exact scenario. I wanted to convert Tourist Visa to my first ever Non O (based on marriage) at Kap Cheong Immi (KCI) in Surin Province.

I still had 3 weeks remaining on my 30 day Tourist Visa extension.

Was advised by all and sundry farangs that it couldn't be done at KCI. I decided to drive to KCI anyway and ask them direct. "Will you convert Tourist Visa to Non O ?"

Kap Cheong Immi said "ok .... can do now." 55555  Just my luck. I had no paperwork with me whatsoever. Returned next day.

Immi Captain was brilliant. Patient, helpful and thorough. He told my wife "First time we ever do this for farang at KCI."

They required bucketloads of docs, including every bit of marriage paperwork. Took about 1.5hrs .... mainly because Captain was constantly referring to an instruction type manual.

Walked out of Immi with "Under Consideration" stamp in passport. Application got sent to Korat (I understand ?) for approval.

I returned 3 weeks later for Non O stamp in my passport. All good.

So ..... I highly recommend you go to Kap Cheong Immi and simply ask . Certainly saved me a 2 day longish trip to Savannakhet.

As always, KC may have different staff now, and things may be different, but it worked for me in Jan'16

Cheers.

• Like 2

Ok all thanks for all the help!!!! going to chance it at KCI. Not married yet that's why I'm wanting the O visa, but got all the paperwork done. Do you think this will affect there discussion????

4 hours ago, ty91074 said:

Ok all thanks for all the help!!!! going to chance it at KCI. Not married yet that's why I'm wanting the O visa, but got all the paperwork done. Do you think this will affect there discussion????

You will not get anything at immigration until you register your marriage.

If you need more time you could do a border hop at the Cheong Chom crossing to get a 30 day visa exempt entry.

• Like 1