Quick thinking girl, 12, outwits abduction attempt on way to school

webfact

Quick thinking girl, 12, outwits abduction attempt on way to school

2pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

RATCHABURI: -- A village elder in Ratchaburi has issued an urgent warning after a 12 year old schoolgirl nearly became the victim of a man in a minivan.

The man stopped to pick up 12 year old Ploy outside a chicken restaurant on the road leading to Ban Pong in Tha Pha sub-district, reported Thai Rath.

But Ploy, on her way to school, recognized that it was not her regular driver and there were no other students on the bus.

The man - dressed in red shirt and jeans and aged about 35-40 - said that the usual driver had asked him to come and pick her up.

But the plucky young girl got out her phone and called the regular driver who said it was nonsense.

Seeing the situation the owner of the chicken restaurant came out and the man quickly got back in his vehicle and fled towards Ban Pong.

The restaurant owner had noted the plates of the vehicle but later when Ploy's mother Khemika Kamnertjaeng, 35, reported the matter to police they were found to be fake.

Surat Atharn, the Phoo Yai Ban of the area has issued a warning to parents to take their children to get on transport to school after the incident that happened on May 15th.

He further asked all parents to warn children about the perils of getting in strangers' vehicles.

Thai Rath reported that there have been several attempts by people in minivans to abduct children in recent months.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-29

Good on the young lass! 

Scary to think there are gangs of degenerates prowling the countryside looking to snatch young children. 

Hopefully the girl will share her lesson of "Stranger Danger" with classmates and friends. 

If there is a child snatching pervert around, you would think this information should be spread swiftly, yet this happened two weeks ago and we only hear of it today.

Regardless I hope they catch the son of a <deleted>.

39 minutes ago, tonray said:

One can only hope for some village justice on this piece of garbage.

Doubtful - and there are more where he came from.

The best outcome is that they simply do what they're already doing - the girl has a phone and knows to call the regular driver to check and wasn't waiting in a deserted area...

What's worrying is that if there was someone sitting in the back of the van it's possible they could have snatched her...

49 minutes ago, docshock13 said:

Good on the young lass! 

Scary to think there are gangs of degenerates prowling the countryside looking to snatch young children. 

Hopefully the girl will share her lesson of "Stranger Danger" with classmates and friends. 

Unfortunately it is not always strangers that prey on young girls and boys.

It seems to come as a great surprise to many on here (judgeing by the usual cletra of name calling) that attempted child abduction is a peril that exists all over .....in today's world.

Where on earth have you been all your lives?

5 hours ago, Jessi said:

There seems to be a lot of this going on in Thailand but we dont hear about it.

Just curious... How do you know of events that you have not heard about? I'm not disputing your premise; just your sources. 

6 hours ago, Jessi said:

Maybe the bib wanted to find out first if it was one of them or their friends so as to protect them before reporting this ?

The pervs seem to be crawling out of the woodwork all over the place lately.  Is there any way that I can be elected as a judge?  I'd just issue the death sentence on all of these scumbags; they have no place in any society.

7 hours ago, Jessi said:

7 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

I doubt guys like the one in the van are shipping these girls to China. More like they are forced into sex slavery for sickos. 

7 hours ago, darksidedog said:

If there is a child snatching pervert around, you would think this information should be spread swiftly, yet this happened two weeks ago and we only hear of it today.

maybe they were conducting an investigation without trying to alert him. We so often wish they'd work in secret, maybe this time they were.

8 hours ago, Jessi said:

You should read Chinese media. The number of Chinese tourist getting ripped off and attacked here is unbelievable. There was even a story a few days ago about a male tourist drugged and raped in Chiang Mai. Not a peep about any of it in English. 

I can't imagine the crap that goes on on a local level where it all gets swept under the rug, to protect the image of the country, of course.

10 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Well you have to be careful, if you publicize something like this you are responsible for giving Thailand a bad name! Not the abductor of course. 

Very sharp and clever girl. If not for her quick witted actions she could have been raped and murdered now.

This kid should be given some kind of community action reward and her school make her an exemplary example for all the other kids. Very proud of her.

I and my gf of seven years look after her sisters daughter for the past six years, simply because I can afford to send her to a private school. I first met this kid  on her fifth birthday, really learned to love her  and want her to achieve her dream of becoming a teacher, watched her grow up and the kid is a major part of our life.

some scum bag like this I would not hesitate to kill. Happy this kid was smart enough to avoid a dreadful fate..